Can anyone identify what this has come off ?

Hi All,

post-5198-0-94159100-1435591937.jpg

Trying to identify the above piece of rolling stock found on track.

It appears to be a lifeguard so I'm assuming loco, maybe possibly a carflat ? and is also probably not off something in recent service.

Have looked all the BR loco classes (especially those that operated in the Liverpool area) without success so I'm casting out in the hope that some who knows, just knows.

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

Bit more info

I'm trying to date (roughly- i.e. more than x years ago) the damage to the stop block by identifying the type of rolling stock that damaged it.

This is at the Runcorn end of the Garston car terminal sidings so is theoretically a freight only headshunt - on MIke's suggestion, I have had a look at various DMU's - it could have been a BLS "kiss the bufferstop" railtour - haven't found anything similar yet.

Cheers

Hi All,

Bit more info

I'm trying to date (roughly- i.e. more than x years ago) the damage to the stop block by identifying the type of rolling stock that damaged it.

This is at the Runcorn end of the Garston car terminal sidings so is theoretically a freight only headshunt - on MIke's suggestion, I have had a look at various DMU's - it could have been a BLS "kiss the bufferstop" railtour - haven't found anything similar yet.

Cheers

Definately Garston car terminal or could it be Halewood JLR factory? The 2 locations are frequently mixed up or classed as one location. The Garston headshunt has new timbers on the stop block, but there was no sign of a lifeguard when I was shunting there last week. The 'East Neck' at Halewood has been the scene of more than one stop block collision, though. The collision involving 66184 last year was some distance from either location, occurring in Garston Yard.

Cheers for the input Gents

It's the headshunt that's near Speke Old station - called "Car Loading siding" on the signalling scheme plan. So it's Halewood - I now realise how far away Garston actually is.............sorry for the confusion.

It does definitely looks like a 66 life guard - interestingly 66184 appears still has it's "derailment side one" attached in the photo on the linked thread.

Answers the Q though - if it's a 66 then the buffers have been clumped within the 15 years so I'll stretch that to within 10 years which means I can get the stops renewed - they do date from 1938 after all..........

Thanks again - knew the "Hive Mind" would come up trumps

Archived