There's an elephant on the platform! Really!

TEAMYAKIMA

This is a blatant attempt to get publicity for Twickenham MRC's new 7mm layout Addison Road

This is a blatant attempt to get you interested in our project

This is a blatant attempt to lure you to join us!

Some time ago someone made us aware of a press cutting from 1956 showing an elephant photographed on Addison Road station.

So we had to have one on our model.............

post-4476-0-06451500-1438150942_thumb.jpg

See more of our layout right here on RMweb .....

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/91730-twickenham-mrcs-addison-road-kensington-olympia-in-7mm/

Have you got any of the Southern bogie circus vans running? :)

Nothing yet ..... but I know the plan is to have a circus related scene on the layout eventually.

I'm not exactly sure what the plans are as I regret that I am a somewhat distant member of the group and my only role is to write the blog for the layout, but I will try to get more info on the long term plans on this.

But that is why we are reaching out to interested parties .... the team building this large ambitious layout is very small ... we need more help ... specially when we move onto the exhibition circuit .... we NEED more members. Now, you don't have to live in Twickenham to be part of this group! The group is small and yet we have active members in Woking, Staines, West Sussex and even Boston, Mass, USA!! So living away from our clubrooms is no reason that YOU can't get involved if you find this project interesting and worthwhile.

See our website www.tdmrc.org.uk

• RMweb Premium

Nothing yet ..... but I know the plan is to have a circus related scene on the layout eventually.

I'm not exactly sure what the plans are as I regret that I am a somewhat distant member of the group and my only role is to write the blog for the layout, but I will try to get more info on the long term plans on this.

But that is why we are reaching out to interested parties .... the team building this large ambitious layout is very small ... we need more help ... specially when we move onto the exhibition circuit .... we NEED more members. Now, you don't have to live in Twickenham to be part of this group! The group is small and yet we have active members in Woking, Staines, West Sussex and even Boston, Mass, USA!! So living away from our clubrooms is no reason that YOU can't get involved if you find this project interesting and worthwhile.

See our website www.tdmrc.org.uk

Love it! Good luck with it and I'll be sure to look out for it when you start exhibiting.

Yes, it is! Thanks for that ............

There is a story behind how the model version got made. It wasn't made by a club member, but it was made and donated to us by Carole Bevis-Smith, the wife of MRC Chairman Leslie Bevis-Smith, who brought it along with him to our recent Open Day.

Also from that link, I like "See also: List of historical elephants"

Too which we could add "See also: List of historical Lions"  thanks to a certain dentist and his bow and arrow.

Archived