WEST SHED

Andrew P

Hi Andy

It was a super day. Operating your layout was a joy, even if I did make a mess of things at times. It was really nice to meet Clive M and I am glad he had a nice time-sorry to hear about his journey home though.

No more talk about changing your layout or going to O gauge or we will have to seriously think about throwing that bucket of cold water over you!!!!!

I hope that the show was successful for the club. There certainly seemed to be plenty of people there all day and there was a lovely atmosphere.

Best wishes

Jeff (binny)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Sorry I could not make this weekend but two days at Warley and 3 days at Manchester last weekend pretty well exhausted my brownie points.

Glad it went well

Terry

• RMweb Gold

Some fantastic pictures of the stock Andy. So nice to see West Shed with some proper locomotives on it :)

Gutted that a family situation meant that Aidan and I weren't able to come along, even more so when I see all the other rmwebbers I could have met for the first time. Don't know if West Shed will be at your open day at Easter, but we're planning on coming to that after missing this weekend. Even if not we'll still plan to come as Aidan and I both want another look at the club O gauge layout!

Glad you had such a good time and sorry that we weren't there to say hi and have a drive!

Kind regards, Neil

• Like 2

Cheers George, Jeff, Terry and Neil, I'm not sure about West Shed at Easter, if it is there it will be either Western Region, Midland Region Steam or 1980's Blue Diesel Western or Midland Region with Sound. It all depends on whether the Committee will have me there, mind you I am one fifth  of the Committee, hahhah.

• Like 3

Morning Andy 

Looks like you have had an excellent weekend with West shed excellent photos my man . Where did your friend get his Rail Exclusive Class 24 from been on their web site but could not see anything about it really fancy one myself 

Afternoon Martin, re the Photos, I wasn't that happy with some and need to change some settings on the camera, (that or I had the shakes,) hahhah.

Re the 24, if you PM Clive I'm sure he will let you know, I'm sure it was direct from Rail Exclusive though.

Cheers.

Afternoon Martin, re the Photos, I wasn't that happy with some and need to change some settings on the camera, (that or I had the shakes,) hahhah.

Not camera Andy, I reckon it was all the mince pie filled with Brandy that did it ! :))

I emailed Jamie at Rail Exlusive over the weekend over purchasing a class 24 - nothing yet I will let you all know the response.

Terry

Thanks for the info Terry, these must be several people on here who are after them, even if they do appear to be a lot of money.

I'll see you at Stafford mate all being well.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

Slight highjack from Andy but relevant to the current trend on here - thanks to you guys and others we had our best ever Mince Pie event in spite of the weather.

Cheers, Peter

Edit - Spelling only

Edited by PeterBB
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

So do I need to build another quickie for Easter, or run WS as something else?

Make Mike happy and run WS as something else ... should we add Deesdale Road in its ' home club' at the same time for a change?

Cheers, Peter 

This is the first chance that I've had to download and sort out the photos of West Shed from last weekends Mince Pie Steam Gala. I hope you enjoy them.

post-6953-0-31662200-1450542461_thumb.jpg

post-6953-0-87000600-1450542475_thumb.jpg

post-6953-0-87135700-1450542495_thumb.jpg

post-6953-0-80558600-1450542511_thumb.jpg

post-6953-0-05524800-1450542525_thumb.jpg

post-6953-0-89009900-1450542537_thumb.jpg

post-6953-0-50409600-1450542570_thumb.jpg

post-6953-0-92113300-1450542589_thumb.jpg

post-6953-0-31369600-1450542609_thumb.jpg

post-6953-0-59809000-1450542627_thumb.jpg

I'll let you try and work out some of the techniques used for the first 4

• Like 11

This is the first chance that I've had to download and sort out the photos of West Shed from last weekends Mince Pie Steam Gala. I hope you enjoy them.

attachicon.gifIMG_0778.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0785.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0787.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0790.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0797.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0801.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0813.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0875.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0880.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0882.JPG

I'll let you try and work out some of the techniques used for the first 4

Brilliant Duncan, Thanks for the pics, the first 4 came out rather well considering, I do like the typical Steam Shed haze, thanks again for coming and having a play on West Shed, it gave me a good break and a chance to have a look around.

• Like 1

I am more interested in what you used in photo number 7 to keep him still long enough to take the picture.

I didn't get him to sit still. It was a snap shot.

To be fair to Andy, he did have a fairly relaxing day

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I didn't get him to sit still. It was a snap shot.

To be fair to Andy, he did have a fairly relaxing day

Yes Duncan,

He let you and Jeff do all the work - he just put up a 'smoke screen' while you were doing it!

Peter

OK. It'd time to be totally honest about the effect in the first 4 photos.

The camera had been in the van for 24 hours and started fogging up once I got inside. I took the risk of using the camera before it had totally dried out.

It was great to see that it worked but is in no way reproducible.

• Like 2

OK. It'd time to be totally honest about the effect in the first 4 photos.

The camera had been in the van for 24 hours and started fogging up once I got inside. I took the risk of using the camera before it had totally dried out.

It was great to see that it worked but is in no way reproducible.

Thanks Duncan, I was surprised that the pics came out so good as well, really effective mate.

Thanks.