Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

WEST SHED

Andrew P

I'm off to Club on Tuesday night for another running session on West Shed, and I will be running Blue Diesels but with a difference.

I have done a Playing card for each Loco with a sticker and Loco Number on the spotty side. With 7 Locos I will shuffle the cards and deal out 5 cards, 2 for the 1st Shed Road and 3 for the 2nd Shed Road, I will then get the Locos sorted into that order. This is something I want to try ready for any future Exhibitions I might attend to make operation more interesting. I will do the same with the Steam Fleet but with a small circle it one end to show which way around to have the Loco, for even more variety.

I also have the Joker Card which will mean I GET TO CHOSE which Loco I want.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I'm off to Club on Tuesday night for another running session on West Shed, and I will be running Blue Diesels but with a difference.

I have done a Playing card for each Loco with a sticker and Loco Number on the spotty side. With 7 Locos I will shuffle the cards and deal out 5 cards, 2 for the 1st Shed Road and 3 for the 2nd Shed Road, I will then get the Locos sorted into that order. This is something I want to try ready for any future Exhibitions I might attend to make operation more interesting. I will do the same with the Steam Fleet but with a small circle it one end to show which way around to have the Loco, for even more variety.

Looking forward to this.

Peter

Bring your ear plugs, there all Sound Fitted, hahhahhah Westerns, Warships, Hoovers, Duffs, and Rats. :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand: :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

Why would you want Battleships, Dyson's, Duffadills and Rodents on your layout. You can tell I'm not a diesel head, I get the Western, I saw one of them at the SVR, but as for the others? translation required please.

Why would you want Battleships, Dyson's, Duffadills and Rodents on your layout. You can tell I'm not a diesel head, I get the Western, I saw one of them at the SVR, but as for the others? translation required please.

Dear Raymond, your lack of knowledge of Diesel terminology is worrying. :O  Tablets can be acquired but a Library book may be a better solution in the Long Term. :stinker:

Warships names were put on many Class 42's after they came off the Ex LMS Jubilee Class. :scratchhead:

Hoovers was the nickname given to the Class 50, although having heard a Club Members Deltic at full tilt on our Clubs Layout its quite deafening, and I think the nick name should have gone to them. :scared:

Duffs was the Type 4 / Class 47, maybe they were un reliable! :no:

And Rats, for the Class 25, as they were all over the Country from Cornwall to Scotland and most areas in between, (even Wales). :O

For more information, please contact The Association for the lack of Railway and Other Related Things Knowledge Centre, I think the Head office is in the Pollygone Centre in Camel Quay. :jester:

Hohohohohoohoh and a Merry Christmas to you all. :locomotive:  :sungum:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I hope Santa brings everybody something for their layout.

Hopefully he will not think I was too naughty for commenting on Andy's curtains.

Glad I found this forum in 2015.

All the best to everyone for 2016!

Andy, I've only just seen your post #476 about using cards for shunting the shed.

I'm glad you found it made by the adoption of method, "playing' with the layout more purposeful. It requires application and hence gives a deeper sense of  enjoyment as I'm sure you will have recognised.

Edited by john flann

Andy, I've only just seen your post #476 about using cards for shunting the shed.

I'm glad you found it made by the adoption of method, "playing' with the layout more purposeful. It requires application and hence gives a deeper sense of  enjoyment as I'm sure you will have recognised.

Hi John and thanks for that, last Tuesday I had 9 Locos with me, only 5 can go on West Shed at a time and after setting the first five up, I shuffled the Cards, three had to come off and three new ones on and ALL in a different order. The re shuffle took almost three quarters of an Hour, I also use the Joker Card which is my choice of Loco.

I will be doing the same with the Wagons on Pencarne very soon.

Thanks again,

Andy.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3