Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

WEST SHED

Andrew P

AT BLOOMIN LAST, ITS ONLY TAKEN ALMOST 9 HOURS TO TRANSFERE FROM DOCS TO YOU TUBE

Anyway, here it is
The Great Central Railways 2016 Winter Steam Gala Video.

Wait for the final shots of Sir Keith Park on the Mail Train, well worth waiting for.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9

Nice video Andy.

But why does everyone watching look so glum?

Because it was BLOOD* FREEZING mate, despite  the sunshine, and with the strong wind blowing across the fields as can be heard on the Video, it's hardly surprising we all looked so glum and frozen.

• Like 4

AT BLOOMIN LAST, ITS ONLY TAKEN ALMOST 9 HOURS TO TRANSFERE FROM DOCS TO YOU TUBE

Anyway, here it is

The Great Central Railways 2016 Winter Steam Gala Video.

Wait for the final shots of Sir Keith Park on the Mail Train, well worth waiting for.

Thank you so much for taking that video, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I very nearly went to the Gala, the wife's sister lives nearby in Barrow Upon Soar so I know the Quorn & Woodhouse station like the back of my hand - see my signature pic below taken from one of your vantage points in the video.  Unfortunately family issues nearer home prevented my attendance.  Sir Keith Park plus mail train must have raised the hairs on the back of your neck, I'll bet.

Great video.

Best Regards,

Brian.

Thank you so much for taking that video, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I very nearly went to the Gala, the wife's sister lives nearby in Barrow Upon Soar so I know the Quorn & Woodhouse station like the back of my hand - see my signature pic below taken from one of your vantage points in the video.  Unfortunately family issues nearer home prevented my attendance.  Sir Keith Park plus mail train must have raised the hairs on the back of your neck, I'll bet.

Great video.

Best Regards,

Brian.

Thanks Brian, and yes did, and also being at Track level and just about 6it ft away from the wheels as it sped through was really awesome, and because it was traveling so fast the Exhaust note was something you don't often hear on a Preserved Line.

I'm off back to watch it again. :O 

• Like 1

It was pointed out to me last night that I have made a mistake in the spelling of WITHERSLACK HALL, I seem to have spelt it WINTERSLACK HALL, Oh dear :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Haaaahahah :nono: :nono:

Don't worry Andy, in a few months we will be able to have Summerslack Hall....

Hi Andy

I like the WR scene.

When is West Shed going to see some of those nice LNER locos?

Another great set of photos Andy.

Especially like the first shot of the Western in the shed.

John

Cheers Clive and John, Thanks Guys, some very good pics above which I've done for a Railway Mag Article and along with the Midland, Southern and Blue Period Diesels pics will form the basis I hope.

Also in the article I do mention that there MAY be some Eastern Region stuff for more variety at our Open Weekends, unless you want to convert all your stuff to DCC Clive and come up for the weekend, hahah.

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Clive and John, Thanks Guys, some very good pics above which I've done for a Railway Mag Article and along with the Midland, Southern and Blue Period Diesels pics will form the basis I hope.

Also in the article I do mention that there MAY be some Eastern Region stuff for more variety at our Open Weekends, unless you want to convert all your stuff to DCC Clive and come up for the weekend, hahah.

Hi Andy

A little puzzle which will give you an answer.

Chance, happening, that, fat , of. :declare:

I spent yesterday doing some jobs for a mate.

Firstly I had to re do a Hornby Pullman Roof from Grey to Ivory to match the others, Not easy as I had to mix whites and creams to get the right colour to match Hornbys, and also cover the Grey.

post-9335-0-20039100-1454671471_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-40726400-1454671495_thumb.jpg

Next was removing and hiding as much as possible the awful weathering that Hornby had applied to the K1, and getting it more sooty.

post-9335-0-46483000-1454671604_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-78920100-1454671644_thumb.jpg

Lastly it was a light weathering on a Hornby Class 31.

post-9335-0-84895500-1454671697_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-43913300-1454671726_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Hi Bodge

Nice bit of weathering. A trip up the Swad branch always sees the stock return in a very well used condition !!!

Those nice people at Hornby could do with a ride up the branch !!!

binny

Hi Bodge

Nice bit of weathering. A trip up the Swad branch always sees the stock return in a very well used condition !!!

Those nice people at Hornby could do with a ride up the branch !!!

binny

Hi Jeff, Cheers and yes a trip up the Swad branch does normally mean they go back looking the worst for wear.

I believe you need some Tenders doing, hahhah

Hornby's weathering is pretty naff to say the least, Bachmann's got a lot better over the last year or two but all need a personal touch of some sort.

Hi Andy,

Just caught up as you suggested and it's been well worth it!

Thanks for letting me know about the video, it's excellent! I really do like British steam locos but have to say, I prefer your hydraulics!!!

Cheers bud,

John.

John, Thanks for popping in and your comments on the Hydraulics, I've only got into them over the last couple of years but the Sound ones are really good. My problem is I like and want them all, Steam, Diesel, Hydraulics the whole lot. hahha

• Like 1