WEST SHED

Andrew P

A New Page so another chance to advertise our Open Weekend.

post-9335-0-57032100-1458589948_thumb.png

Only a few Days to go, there will also be Fun Fair on the Common opposite our Club Room.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

I was hoping to make it up for the show and add something to the club funds by having the Andy P treatment on a couple of my locos as well as seeing Swad Lane. Unfortunately I've just been told that I have to have the first draft of a document finished by first thing Tuesday.

I suppose that the only advantage is that I'll actually have chance to work on Son of HA

Have a good weekend and don't try and do too much

I was hoping to make it up for the show and add something to the club funds by having the Andy P treatment on a couple of my locos as well as seeing Swad Lane. Unfortunately I've just been told that I have to have the first draft of a document finished by first thing Tuesday.

I suppose that the only advantage is that I'll actually have chance to work on Son of HA

Have a good weekend and don't try and do too much

Cheers Duncan, come up for Mince Pie and have another play on WS.

Sadly not Andy, we have 2 New Layouts for this event, Peter BB's Swad Lane built by Trevor and Ashley Toon, PLUS their New Layout as well. The detail that they put into Swad lane is un believable and must be seen, (see thread for some pics in post #1. I bought Swad Lane from Ashley, and then had no where to store it during the House move so I sold it to Peter who is now going to exhibit it.

As for West Shed, that will be back for our Mince Pie event in December.

This weekend I will be doing weathering demo, and commissions for Club funds.

Will be good to see the other layouts though. What is the cost of the weathering commissions? That is very tempting.

Although West Shed wasn't at our Clubs Open Weekend, I was and doing a little Weathering.

The Set up.

post-9335-0-50244900-1459097802_thumb.jpg

And the inspiration.

post-9335-0-58017300-1459097843_thumb.jpg

Now some pics of some O Gauge Stock.

post-9335-0-13928600-1459097948_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-23198100-1459097986_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-87355200-1459098034_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-27919700-1459098082_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-39662000-1459098136_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-18354200-1459098178_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Nice pictures Andy- it was great to meet you and George today really enjoyed having a chat to you both, thanks for the encouragement . I didn't know you previously owned Swad Lane it is a great little layout and Peter is doing a great job with the electrics and fiddle yard changes and will soon have it running perfectly.

Nice pictures Andy- it was great to meet you and George today really enjoyed having a chat to you both, thanks for the encouragement . I didn't know you previously owned Swad Lane it is a great little layout and Peter is doing a great job with the electrics and fiddle yard changes and will soon have it running perfectly.

Hi Great to meet you too, not a lot done today, but still not a big look around, Glad you enjoyed yourself, and if ever you fancy popping down of a Tuesday evening were there from 7 and Tea / Coffee / Biscuits about 8-30, you'd be more than welcome, as I said we have a couple of members from Nottingham.

• Like 1

Hi Great to meet you too, not a lot done today, but still not a big look around, Glad you enjoyed yourself, and if ever you fancy popping down of a Tuesday evening were there from 7 and Tea / Coffee / Biscuits about 8-30, you'd be more than welcome, as I said we have a couple of members from Nottingham.

Thanks very much Andy for the invite, domestically Tuesday nights are a bit difficult for me - the tea and biscuits are a big attraction so I will try and make it in the not to distant future. Good luck with the weathering tomorrow and don't eat too many bacon sandwich's

Brian

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks very much Andy for the invite, domestically Tuesday nights are a bit difficult for me - the tea and biscuits are a big attraction so I will try and make it in the not to distant future. Good luck with the weathering tomorrow and don't eat too many bacon sandwich's

Brian

Brian,

The 'OO' guys are also there at a similar time on most Thursday's - be welcome.

Peter

Brian,

The 'OO' guys are also there at a similar time on most Thursday's - be welcome.

Peter

Peter's right Brian, PM me if you wish to come on a Thursday as the outside Door remains locked as there's normally no one down stairs.

West Shed was dug out from under the Clubs Coopers Dale / Marston Layout this evening and re set up ready for the twice Monthly Running Nights. I don't use the big Layout unless I need to run some stuff in. It also gives me the chance to take up different Stock each time for some variety, such as the Blue Diesels, Southern Steam, Midland Steam or Western Diesels.

It's not out at a Show now until September at Litchfield and October at Hinkley, and then probably at our Clubs Mince Pie in December although I've started drawing up plans for a New Layout to be built by then.

West Shed was dug out from under the Clubs Coopers Dale / Marston Layout this evening and re set up ready for the twice Monthly Running Nights. I don't use the big Layout unless I need to run some stuff in. It also gives me the chance to take up different Stock each time for some variety, such as the Blue Diesels, Southern Steam, Midland Steam or Western Diesels.

It's not out at a Show now until September at Litchfield and October at Hinkley, and then probably at our Clubs Mince Pie in December although I've started drawing up plans for a New Layout to be built by then.

What are the dates for Lichfield and Hinkley - must arrange a day off to come and have a look (Lichfield is nearest to me)

West Shed was dug out from under the Clubs Coopers Dale / Marston Layout this evening and re set up ready for the twice Monthly Running Nights. I don't use the big Layout unless I need to run some stuff in. It also gives me the chance to take up different Stock each time for some variety, such as the Blue Diesels, Southern Steam, Midland Steam or Western Diesels.

It's not out at a Show now until September at Litchfield and October at Hinkley, and then probably at our Clubs Mince Pie in December although I've started drawing up plans for a New Layout to be built by then.

I think it has an outing booked in November too.

• RMweb Gold

I think the dates for West Shed are:  Lichfield 17th September; Hinckley 22nd October and Weston 12th November; Mince Pie at G&WMRG 10/11th December.

Hope that helps, Peter

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

There you again - a reference to a "New Layout" being thrown in nonchalantly at the end of a post.

As one former Australian politician would say "Please explain". 

What are the dates for Lichfield and Hinkley - must arrange a day off to come and have a look (Lichfield is nearest to me)

I think it has an outing booked in November too.

I think the dates for West Shed are:  Lichfield 17th September; Hinckley 22nd October and Weston 12th November; Mince Pie at G&WMRG 10/11th December.

Hope that helps, Peter

Thanks

Thanks Peter, I think he's MY AGENT, :O Well he always wants 10% of me anyway.

Seriously Guys, Peter has all the correct dates, and its booked to run as BR / MR Steam at all events this year.

Edited by Andrew P

There you again - a reference to a "New Layout" being thrown in nonchalantly at the end of a post.

As one former Australian politician would say "Please explain". 

I have a Plank of wood and a bit of an idea. :nono:  :nono: :nono:  :senile:  :senile:  :senile:  :senile:  :scared: