If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Good morning from sunny Devon

Sun VI

Morning All,

actually it's about nine tenths cloud cover at present but brightening-up.  I'm looking out of my railway room window at the Seaton Tramway and Axe estuary and will be going over to Pecorama for a coffee later this morning, so Seaton is home if you hadn't already guessed.  

I've been following RMWeb for a while now and have, at last, signed on.  I've found the scope and depth of subjects covered both impressive and illuminating plus I've picked up some really useful information, for which I'm grateful.  I have to say that I'm a bit of a butterfly when it comes to railway modelling - never settling for long and then something else takes my fancy.  As a consequence, I have a small N gauge layout, I'm working on a small OO Inglenook puzzle, I've collected enough loco's, rolling stock and track for a 1930's Southern OO layout, I've a box of kits and track for an O9 shoebox layout and have dozens of plans on Anyrail in a variety of gauges.  Oh yes, there's also the 4' x 2'6" baseboard in the garage with an inverted figure-of-eight for a US Rockies themed N gauge layout.  Now I had no interest in US railroads but at the Swanley narrow gauge show last year, I saw a 2-6-6-2 Mallet for sale and I just couldn't resist it ...  To make matters worse, I've noticed that Osbourns are selling a Kato N gauge model of the RhB Allegra 3 car unit together with Glacier Express sets.  Hold on, I don't do Swiss (.... yet).

Happens all the time!   First it was a Hornby clockwork oval followed by a Dublo layout years ago back home in Plymouth.  Latterly in the US, it started with a US N, a Hornby OO then LGB ending up with a combined US/Hornby tinplate layout.  So I've gone full circle!  Lot of fun!

Brian.

Archived