Worthing MRC - Annual Exhibition 26-27 Sep 2015

James Makin

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

Worthing MRC's annual exhibition featuring at least 14 layouts, 17 traders and society stands. Our show is 30% larger than last year and we are also welcoming new traders including Kernow Model Rail Centre for the first time. 

The venue is Durrington High School, The Boulevard, Worthing, West Sussex, BN13 1LA.

Opening Hours:

Saturday 26th September 10.00am – 17.00 pm
Sunday 27th September 10.00am – 16.00 pm

Tickets:

Adults: £5.00 each
Accompanied Children go FREE

Show Website - www.worthingmrc.co.uk

Layouts

Name                                         Scale      Presented by                           Theme

Arigna Town                               7mm      David Holman                          1950’s Sligo, Leitrim and Northern Counties Railway

Bahnhof Hofen                           HO        Sompting and District MRC     Mid 1930’s Southern Germany: Steam and diesel branchline

Fisherton Sarum                         OO       Graham Muspratt                     Late 1940’s Southern Railway MPD

Herstmonceux                            OO       Andy Jones                              1950’s Ex LBSCR branchline

King’s Park                                  N         Andy Stephney                         1980’s BR - West Coast Main Line

Loftus Road                                 OO      Worthing MRC                         2000s West London Line

Pullman Pride                              OO      The Pullman Society                Pullman Trains from 1870 – 1985

Quarry Lane Depot                      OO      Nick Pidgeley                           Post-Privatisation era Traction Maintenance Depot

South Church                              OO      Mark Stevens/Worthing MRC   British Railways Eastern Region 1960s-70s

Stodden Hundred Light Railway O        Luton MRC                               1930’s Light Railway set in Bedfordshire

St Vincent Road                          OO     Victory MRC                             Modern Image: Eras 7-9

Watt Estate                                  O9     Fareham and District MRC       1920’s and 1930’s minimum gauge estate railway

Wells Green TMD                        OO     James Makin/Worthing MRC     Crewe Electric Depot circa 1998 – 2002

West Tilgate                                N         Crawley MRS                           1960’s British Railways

Traders

Andy Lynch                            Second-hand model trains    

Aspire Gifts and Models        New model railways and gifts    

Brian’s Trains                         All types of model railways for sale    

Helmsman Model Rail           Hand built controllers and lighting effects    

Kernow Model Rail Centre     A range of new model railways, various gauges, limited edition stock, DCC    

Kim’s Bookshop                    A good range of railway-related books    

Mike Oborne                         A range of used model railways    

Models U Drive                      A range of materials for kitbuilding on your layout.    

Morris Models                       A range of new model railways and buses    

Neil Cresswell                       A range of used model railways    

RailRoad Trading                  Books, DVDs and videos    

Simply Southern                  Unique trucks for the Southern Region    

Squires Tools                       Essential items for your modelling needs    

Supercast OO Figures         Supremely detailed model railway figures in OO gauge    

Totem Signs                         Personalised signs for your model railway    

Weston Models                   Handmade model buildings in N, OO and O gauge    

Wheels of Southsea            Die-cast models, railways, books, DVDs and pictures

We look forward to seeing you there!

• RMweb Premium

Exciting news; we've been able to add our club layout 'Loftus Road' onto the bill - this is a 2000s period recreation of the West London Line at Kensington Olympia. More about the layout can be found on our thread here  - 

0-0-0-0-0-0acdcpaloftusroad81.jpg

0-0-0-0-0-0aaaLRPS01.jpg

0-0-0-0-0-0aaaLRPS05.jpg

0-0-0-0-0-0acdcpaloftusroad100.jpg

0-0-0-0-0-0aaa66113-01.jpg

0-0-0-0-0-0acdcpaelectrostar96.jpg

0-0-0-0-0-0acdcpaloftusroad45.jpg

post-6896-0-39984400-1432849600_thumb.jp

Really looking forward to the weekend and hoping to see you there!

Many thanks,

James

• RMweb Gold

I am looking forward to being at the show with Fisherton Sarum and have been busy the last few weeks getting stock and things ready http://grahammuz.com/2015/08/29/workbench-witterings-3-maintenance-and-running-repairs/

It will also be the first show where we shall be operating the layout from the relocated control panel at the front of the layout http://grahammuz.com/2015/08/18/controlling-interests-9-operating-from-the-front/

post-243-0-14297000-1442301459.jpg

Please come and say hello.

• RMweb Premium

If you are coming down from the London area on the Sunday, the line is shut between Three Bridges and Brighton so a diversion via the Arun Valley will be in order unless you fancy the bus ride down the A23.

Hope to be there Saturday, I have been given a day pass from the wife in exchange for doing the garden all this week!!

For those using public transport, I think that Durrington-on-Sea is the nearest railway station.  I enjoyed it last year.  As I am expecting to visit the UK very soon, I hope to attend this year.  Just keep an eye out fo anyone who looks like my avatar.

For those with ENCTS passes (wrinkly rider passes!), come out of Durrington Station, short walk up to the shops then turn right then left at the roundabout - at the north end of the shops is a bus stop for the 'Pulse' route which has a 10 minute frequency on Saturdays. The venue is at the second roundabout north up the road - about 10 minute walk but if there's a bus ..... Don't catch a 10 as it turns off half way.

A. Worthing Busdriver Esq.

• RMweb Premium

Preparations are well underway, here's a few snaps taken earlier of the main hall taking shape -

post-6896-0-21983700-1443218404_thumb.jpg

Kernow Model Centre joins us for the first time as well -

post-6896-0-70153300-1443218420_thumb.jpg

Finally my Wells Green TMD is back out after a very long hibernation, will be fun to have another weekend at the controls again!

post-6896-0-91266900-1443218469_thumb.jpg

Plenty more layouts and traders arriving tomorrow morning, looking forward to a good weekend and hoping to see some RMWebbers!

Just to say a big thank you to everyone who attended this year's show. Being my first as Exhibition Manager I was very apprehensive but the way in which WMRC club members, traders and especially the exhibitors all pulled together meant that we had a show that we could be proud of.

The result was that we had the highest number of visitors ever and the Treasurer was even seen to smile on three separate occasions. It has encouraged me to offer my services for next year's show However, I am willing to seek advice from more seasoned Exhibition Managers about the sanity of that decision.

Until September 2016...

• RMweb Gold

Chris

Well done on putting on a good show all the team involved with Fisherton Sarum had a good time and we are glad the show was good success for you and the Worthing MRC.

Very many thanks and good luck for 2016!

• RMweb Premium

My wife and I went on the Saturday, got there nice and early ahead of the crowds.  Both of us felt it was one of the best small to medium sized shows we had been to in a very long time.  Only minor criticism was that as we walked from Durrington on Sea station there could have been a few signs put up advising pedestrians of directions, we walked up The Boulevard up the left hand side and did not initially see the way in as there was a large hedge in the centre of the carriageways blocking the view of the main gate so we wound up round the corner and then doubling back.

The marble cake was excellent as well, always appreciate home made cake at exhibitions, something that is getting a bit rarer these days sadly.

Thank you to the organisers, exhibitors and traders.  I enjoyed it.  There were lots of good layouts and useful traders.

I even managed to ask Kernow a question about their gated stock. :)   They only had black O2s there.  They looked very good, but I bet the green ones will look fantastic when they arrive.

Archived