RMweb

Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, everyone. This afternoon, with thanks to John Turner, on Flickr, we see WD, Austerity, 90478, along with a second unidentifiable class mate, being coaled at Dairycoates, in c1966.

c.1966 - Dairycoates (50B) MPD, Hull, East Yorkshire.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Good afternoon, everyone. This afternoon, with thanks to John Turner, on Flickr, we see WD, Austerity, 90478, along with a second unidentifiable class mate, being coaled at Dairycoates, in c1966.

c.1966 - Dairycoates (50B) MPD, Hull, East Yorkshire.

Best regards,

Rob.

Are you sure that it's not 90473? The cabside rivets make it difficult to be sure.

CJI.

27 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Are you sure that it's not 90473

I thinks I'd trust Mr. Turner, given 90473 was a Colwick ingine and scrapped during 1962.

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

I thinks I'd trust Mr. Turner, given 90473 was a Colwick ingine and scrapped in during 1962.

If there's a John Turner caption - I'm with you. I just wondered if the WD had been identified solely from the photo.

CJI.

22 hours ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, everyone. This evening we have a photo’ by John Turner, on Flickr, of Gresley, LNER, 61ft 6in Driver Training / Route Learning Saloon, DE320765, lettered "Motive Power Dept. York, being propelled through Hessle station by an unidentifiable Thompson B1, in c1963.

c.1963, Hessle, East Riding of Yorkshire.

Best regards,

Rob.

Interesting coach.

Does anyone know drawing/diagram no, and dates of construction/allocation/use?

• RMweb Gold

Hi, cctransuk, and Porcy Mane. I’ve cruelly enlarged the cabside of that WD, and I’m not sure whether the last number is a 3 or an 8. Perhaps someone with better eyesight can say which it is. 

Regarding that Gresley coach conversion, I’ll see if I can find out the date etc., I may be a little while, I’ve a couple of other things to do.

Regards,

Rob.

And, here’s that enlargement, and hoping it does not infringe the copyright, for the original remains credited to John Turner, on Flickr.

IMG_1944.jpeg.532da90162f2d6757a0d2c4f1126564c.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. This evening, thanks to John Turner, and Peter Brumby, on Flickr, we see WD, Austerity, 90677, as it shuffles past Brough Gas Works with a mixed freight bound for Hull, in June, 1959.

06/1959 - Brough, East Yorkshire.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, micknich2003 said:

Two converted Mineral Wagons behind the engine.

Improvised double bolster - you can see the bolsters through the missing side doors, and the end doors have been removed.

CJI.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. This evening we see, with thanks to John Turner, on Flickr, Dairycoates allocated, B16/3, 4-6-0, 61472, with an up Class F express freight at Cottingham South, on the 7th March, 1964.

07/03/1964 - Cottingham South, Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Firstly, thank you, Mick, for posting that diagram of Cottingham Junction. It is most interesting, and it’s sobering that only the two running lines on the line from Paragon to Cottingham remain.

This evening, courtesy of John Turner, on Flickr, we are in Hessle, seeing Stanier 8F, 2-8-0, 48075, of 55D, as it runs through Hessle, with a down Class H freight, on the 8th February, 1964.

08/02/1964 - Hessle, East Riding of Yorkshire.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. This evening, thanks to John Turner, on Flickr, we see WD, Austerity, 90450, of 50B, at North Ferriby, or more commonly known as Ferriby, with an up freight, on the 26th October, 1963.

26/10/1963 - North Ferriby, East Riding of Yorkshire.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. This evening, with thanks once more to John Turner, on Flickr, we see an unidentified Gresley, K3, 2-6-0, which has just passed Hessle station with a Hull-bound Class A passenger train, on the 24th June,1961.

24/06/1961 - Hessle Haven, East Riding of Yorkshire.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. This evening we have another photo’ by John Turner, on Flickr, and it is of Dairycoates depot's Thompson B16/3, 4-6-0, 61463, as it approaches North Ferriby station with an up Class F express freight, in c1964.

c.1964 - North Ferriby, East Yorkshire.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, micknich2003 said:

I have several hundred from the Hull and East Riding area etc, just ask.

I am a signal engineer originally from York, with roots in Goole and who developed the scheme for the 1980s Hull Paragon resignalling so all of the pictures and plans are of interest. My Dad was neighbour of the late Fred Mackrill of Botanic Gardens too. Lots of memories 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coronach said:

I am a signal engineer originally from York, with roots in Goole and who developed the scheme for the 1980s Hull Paragon resignalling so all of the pictures and plans are of interest. My Dad was neighbour of the late Fred Mackrill of Botanic Gardens too. Lots of memories 

Small world, I was signalman at Paragon 2002 to 2014, I well remember the 1983 resignalling, at that time I was signalman Gylberdyke.

3K PARAGON Panel 2003.jpg

• Like 10