RMweb

New Website - Model Railway Structures

wizmacnz

I started to develop a new website for my 3d printed model railway items just as New Zealand entered into a bit of a building boom and the "day job" started to absorb most of my time and energy. Progress has therefore been slow. I was spurred on more recently by the re-launch of the Scalescenes website. I knew John was including some links there to the products on my new website, so I thought I had better make sure that it wasn't a complete mess when someone clicked on a link.

The site still has some way to go before it is finished (if such a thing ever is), but I believe it is now ready for a wider audience.

The website can be found at www.modelrailwaystructures.com

Feel free to comment here or there. It would be particularly useful to have feedback on things that are not working properly. There are lots more products available at Shapeways than I've had time yet to add to the new website. They will be added when time permits. I'm hoping then to have time to create some new products. I have lots of ideas, but any suggestions for other new products would be welcome.

Peter

It should do, shouldn't it. I can certainly model it. It's just how to glaze it simply and convincingly. I may experiment with a loose lower sash that can be glazed and then fitted into the window. The current ones are pretty easy to use. You just stick some acetate on the back and then push the window into the opening. The opening sash could be a bit more fiddly.

• 1 month later...

A GWR Pagoda is certainly something I'll be tempted to model once I can find time. The current building boom in NZ is limiting my capacity to model anything other than at 12" to the foot. I really like the idea of the challenge of modeling curved corrugated pagoda roofing. 

Archived