The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Apprentice

andyram

Yes, I have the vaguest recollection that it may have happened and I remember someone dropping out by choice.

Ah, seeing Selina get an unexpectedly swift removal...........pure schadenfreude! I really cannot warm to her at all.

My only disappointment with Selina is that, in last week's episode, when Alan Sugar suggested she had upset Claude Littner. I would have liked to have seen Claude's leash taken off and him tell the useless woman EXACTLY what he thought of her. He has been boringly tame and quiet in the Nick Hewer role thus far.

I can't warm to Charlene either.

Her selling ability is non-existent. She is full of herself in private, but stick her in front of a group of professional buyers and she appears to be a rabbit in headlights.

I thought the worst book won, because as many of the mothers said it appeared to be suitable for the under 1s, who parents read to - not with.

Yes the losing book had a few public school phrases in, but children should be encouraged to question what they do not understand. Sam is just too nice and well educated to fit in with that 'dog eat dog' atmosphere.

Sorry to disagree - but as an infant teacher by trade I will use my professional knowledge to state that Charlene's book was by far the better one.

Also - whilst Charlene did make a mess of that first pitch - she did pull off a cracking deal at the end of the day which ultimately won the task.

I do agree that Sam is too nice, and also too indecisive, to survive much longer in the programme.

I hope that you have read each book to be able to make such a bold statement.

Swishing and swooshing tumbling and turning is not something I associate with a bee. Neither is making honey in a ceramic pot.

However, here are the stories read by Karen and Claude and everyone can make up their own minds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03737qt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0373bkj

Edited to add that if you want a copy, they are available on Ebay, at gostude prices:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snottydink-Bizzies-First-Adventure-Childrens-Book-as-seen-on-The-Apprentice-/221932281443?hash=item33ac31de63:g:bx4AAOSw7hRWOosj

• RMweb Gold

My only disappointment with Selina is that, in last week's episode, when Alan Sugar suggested she had upset Claude Littner. I would have liked to have seen Claude's leash taken off and him tell the useless woman EXACTLY what he thought of her. He has been boringly tame and quiet in the Nick Hewer role thus far.

Give him time…

Well I am basing my predictions on how the editing has made each candidate look thus far. Mind you I totally agree with Selina's current standing.

As regards the swishing, swooping etc. maybe not a bee - but certainly more lesson mileage than words like moisture and rife! That sounds a little more sticky than the honey pot adventure!!!

I think it's more difficult to predict the winner since they moved from a job being the prize to it being an investment in a business proposal. Once it's down to the final, and generally strongest, four and the interview stage I suspect the viability of the business plan has the greater bearing.

He's hardly going to choose a candidate who has perhaps been the best overall but with a weak proposal over another strong candidate with a stunning, money spinning, idea.

I agree on that. But over the years I have started to see little glimpses and clues through the way the show is edited a to who will do well. My prediction of two years ago was the winner, and the the year prior to that. Mind you last year my prediction fell at the interview stage for the exact reason you described - a shocking business plan!

Brutal.

Measure twice cut once.

He got away with it.

But then I was in engineering where such things were considered to be important.

I enjoyed the screwdriver and nail bit.

I wonder how much it cost for the poor woman to get her shelf refitted. Or did the BBC pay?

Bernard

As David suggested 'that was brutal!'

Big difference in their profits.

Three gone, all deserved though, Elle was shocking as team manager especially considering her background in construction. Her prompt firing was well earned.

Mergim, nice guy but was clearly immature, and a liability with screwdriver or paintbrush!

April, £10:00 an hour for three people's labour! Good God, get round here and do my garden. Completely out of touch and just a bit arrogant.

I don't want to sound smug. But my mate and I text each other during the show and make our firing predictions. I said once the losing team had been announced that Elle would go before the final three and that April and Mergim would also go. He reckons I somehow had inside information!

No comments on last nights episode? Perhaps it was lacking in noteworthy events.

Presumably Brett was brought back into the boardroom because of the claimed, yet disproven, "I'll smash your face in" episode. Scott should have brought Selina back. Don't think it would have saved the ineffectual Sam but we might have seen two go. In the event, Sam was going nowhere, a justified firing.

I wasn't over impressed with Gary's retail experience but the 'toilet zone' was a nice touch :)

Anyway, looking forward to next week. Do I gather that they food poison a 'mum' at a kids party they are organising and she is stretchered off? Now that's what I call entertainment!

• RMweb Premium

We took it that the woman that said she was allergic to nuts, was the one that was ambulanced away. The Mrs things that that should be the end of the road for that team, harsh, but I wonder if a case suing the BBC could be a result.

It seems that this years bunch are more inept than we've had before, although I think there are a few useful people in there, Dad's Army's Walker being one that instanly comes to mind...

Andy G

Yes, I couldn't decide whether the clue was the nut allergy reference or the 'pink' burgers being flipped.

Edit: on second thoughts, food poisoning wouldn't be immediate whereas an allergic reaction would be, so most likely the nuts (no pun intended).

Archived