The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Apprentice

andyram

No comment from me from due to lack of internet. Another inept showing from many of this year's clueless bunch. Sam had been well overdue a firing and was the right one to go. I agree that Selina, not Brett, should have been brought back in and then would have gone as well.

I was surprised by the winning team as I thought the other lot had won by the way they managed to sell. I think Brett could prove to be a bit of a dark horse this year he seems to have staying power. Charlene again showed up well and stick with my prediction that she will be in the final four for the interviews. I reckon Joseph, Richard and one other will form the interview line up.

Yeah, that was funny (a lot more fun than Gary's party), I think she sat down again thinking she'd blown it.

Gary's party was about as much fun trapping your fingers in the car door, that bus ride was excrutiating. So, no-one stretchered off then but what a palaver over the non nut spread.

Selina's interogation of that poor young girl about what sort of party she wanted would have done credit to the KGB.

I changed my mind on one thing last night. My Apprentice wish had been to see Selina get the boot ,however, what I really, really want now is to see Richard crash and burn. Can that guy's ego possibly get any bigger?

I thought that Gary was, again, lucky to survive.

I think last night's episode was a case of the least number of mistakes resulting in a win. Neither team seemed competent. Gary definitely dodged a bullet. If you are planning to set up an events business and you use a task in that field then that is usually an automatic firing. David deserved to go, but it should have been a double firing with Gary.

Charliene's attempt at a swift departure almost cost her but, the cake ingredients aside, she was the strongest of her four. I am sure she highlighted the may contain nuts comment and expressed reservations about it. I am still confident of her place at the interview stage.

Despite Richard's arrogance, it was his costings that resulted in Selina's team winning. He still is in my final four with Joseph and one other.

Despite his success so far I think that Richard needs to be careful as the numbers are whittled down. From what I can gather he currently runs his own business with his brother. What he has shown so far is that he cannot easily work with others and seems to find it difficult to take instructions, it's his way or no way.

Alan Sugar might just consider him too much of a loose cannon, someone who might be difficult to manage and who hacks off others.

I must admit, and probably confirmed by the relative lack of posting here, was amongst the dullest episodes ever..

Why, why, oh why would you agree to allow those idiots to organise your kids party!

Probably only if the BBC put up the £2k for the kids parties in the first place. If I were paying that much for a kids party (which I would definitely not do!), the last people I would want to run it would be the egotistical halfwits off the Apprentice!

Hadn't seen that in the papers about Scott so I was doing a Charlene 'hands clasped to face, OMG', well, maybe not quite, but still unexpected. It was a disaster for him, brave move to quit and he came across very well with Jack Dee.

Good performances by Charlene, Vana (her best task yet) and Richard, who wasn't quite such the irritating smug git this week.

Selina!, I feel robbed!, she dipped out of the wash up, I was hoping to see her totally ripped to bits.

Awful attitude, manipulative and petulant, (other than that I thought she was great :). ) a well deserved firing.

Once again Charleine showed up well. I still think Richard will make the interview stage. Vana emerged as a contender today. Joseph would probably have gone but for Scott's walk out. I still have a feeling he could make the final four although I am less sure after today.

Two fired next week ? Leaving four for the interviews in episode 11? Joseph and Gary would be my two most likely to go.

By the interviews I think the potential of their business plans will be a big factor.

• RMweb Premium

Not sure, as I think we have have had five in the interview stage before. I'm going to miss Claudes annual ripping to shreds in the interview stage....

Andy G

Hadn't seen that in the papers about Scott so I was doing a Charlene 'hands clasped to face, OMG', well, maybe not quite, but still unexpected. It was a disaster for him, brave move to quit and he came across very well with Jack Dee.

Good performances by Charlene, Vana (her best task yet) and Richard, who wasn't quite such the irritating smug git this week.

Selina!, I feel robbed!, she dipped out of the wash up, I was hoping to see her totally ripped to bits.

Awful attitude, manipulative and petulant, (other than that I thought she was great :). ) a well deserved firing.

I was really looking forward to Selina in the "You're Fired" programme just to watch her reaction to the sea of red 'Fired' placards at the end of the show. She would told them that they were all wrong.

Joseph fancies himself as a salesman. I couldn't think of any thing I would buy off him, except possibly a razor to get rid of that pathetic moustache.

I don't think this years group of wannabees ever think enough about who they bring back into the boardroom.

Had Joseph brough back both Selina and Charlene there would have probably been an alimighty cat fight between the two of them, and Sugar could have let them both go just to save our eardrums.

Whilst, traditionally, there has been four at the interview stage, I believe that there was five last time so there will not necessarily be a double firing next week. In addition, according to the article I read on Scott's walkout, the production team had to "re-plan" the strategy of firings to ensure there were enough people for the interview stage. Sounds like they were only expecting one more double firing until Scott decided to jump ship.

I think the interview round was expanded to five when they started to let more people in. We will just have to wait and see. The final two is impossible to predict as it depends very much on the quality of their business plan - something we are not able to see. It is possible that a strong candidate could be chucked out after interview because their business plan is poor. Look at Roisen last year. She was strong all the way to interview, and was tipped as a potential winner only to fall at the interview stage with a weak business plan.

I am not sure I share the view that Gary is a strong candidate. I think he was very lucky to stay last week. For me Richard and Charleine remain the two to beat. Vana has crept along quietly and has a chance. Like I said before Joseph's light is beginning to fade after looking promising earlier on.

I didn't see the "You're Fired" programme last night. However I have seen an online video that the insufferable Selina posted herself. This can be viewed via her twitter account or on Youtube. On this she explains that she opted out of the show because of disagreements over the production team about articles that were leaked to the press. I have seen a couple of articles suggesting that

a) she was an ex stripper and pole dancer (she claims not to be).

b) she was "date raped" after leaving a club in Dubai a few years ago.

That being said - she used the video to self promote, slag off the series and certain remaining members. She certainly is one deluded lady!

Considering that Selina reneged on her contract I was surprised that the wash up show didn't take the opportunity to critique her performance in her absence. They didn't even vote on whether she should have been hired or fired. She got off almost unmentioned. I would have been particularly interested to hear what the others thought of her as we just see the edited bits during the show.

One wonders what they would have done had Scott not 'fired himself' as the show was pretty much devoted to him.

So we have our final five. A real non result episode though, although I do think Charleine's team shaded it. That said no orders is no orders! Unprecedented result. Personally I would have gone against my prediction and booted out Richard for not taking responsibility for his crucial packaging omission. That said, my other tip, Charleine, was very lucky to survive especially after her latest boardroom mistake. Tears are a no no. She also messed up in the kitchen, but had the guts to admit it.

Brett showed a good attitude in his departure and left with his head held high. He has done well this series although he was never a winner. Not going to say I told you so - but I was correct that Charleine, Richard and Joseph would reach the interviews. Beyond that it is a lottery.

First time ever, I believe, that there's been no winning and losing team. It was probably a task better suited to larger teams, maybe should have been an earlier task and, yes, it wasn't the most exciting episode. I agree about the tears but Charlene's explanation, that she was upset by her own poor performance, perhaps did her no harm.

Thought Brett might have lasted into the interviews. Down to the business plans now. All bar Gary, from what I can gather, seem to have set up successful businesses of their own already.

Anyway, I'm out of the country next week so will be catching up on my return.

• RMweb Premium

Quite surprised that Lord S didn't rip into them a bit more for such a shocking performance, but I think Brett shot himself in the foot for sticking up for Richard, I think if he had adjusted his position it might have seen Richard go....

Glad to see that Claude will still be ripping into the five, but it appears that there is no Ricky Martin (man, he's let himself go a bit!) this time, replaced by some women I've not seen before...

Andy G

Archived