The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Apprentice

andyram

Like a show or dont like a show everyone is entitled to say what they think whether you like it or not. We havent quite got to North Korean levels of censorship!

I wasn't suggesting otherwise. All I am saying is I set this thread up for those who do like the show to discuss this series.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it me or is Ruth pretending to be Dr Who with her outfit? Worryingly she reminds me of my dentist. A very annoying voice. I wouldn't buy anything from her - of the final three I think the correct person went. That said I would have taken the pushy price obsessed gentleman into the board room for turning off the balloon owner.

Interesting Andy. Yeah, clothes wise she's a bit of a disaster!!, but I'd have kept Ruth, she did well selling food to the public on the street in the first episode, you cannot fault her enthusiasm and she's always been a supportive team member. I'd have binned Selina. She's just too pouty, 'not my idea', 'can't be bothered', for me. Looks like she's sulking most of the time.

Is Richard riding for a fall? His 'win' in the advertising episode, despite the fact that his team saved him, seems to have boosted his already massive ego.

Anyway Lord Sugar, I'm givin' it 110%.

I agree on previous tasks Ruth probably deserved to stay. I would probably have chucked Selina out as well. Like I said I would have taken the other guy into the board room and reckon he may have gone. Charlene hangs in there, and continues to be seen to make relevant comments in the edit. Watch out for her!

I honestly thought Selina was going to get chucked out as well, Ruth I felt didn't deserve to go out, if she had one more chance given then I reckon we would see a huge turn around from her, as well.

Remember if they aren't going to buy your product, tell them to sod off! Lol

Is it me or is Ruth pretending to be Dr Who with her outfit? Worryingly she reminds me of my dentist. A very annoying voice. I wouldn't buy anything from her

That was her problem - no-one else bought anything from her either!

I keep waiting for the multiple firings- we could easily have seen more than one person fired on each of the weeks so far.

• RMweb Gold

Ruth I felt didn't deserve to go out, if she had one more chance given then I reckon we would see a huge turn around from her, as well.

Her day job is to train people in sales. She failed in a selling task.

Sucking at what is supposed to be your speciality never goes down well with SrAlan...

Her day job is to train people in sales. She failed in a selling task.

Sucking at what is supposed to be your speciality never goes down well with SrAlan...

I thought her sales "expertise" was mainly in telesales training - people in that line of work never stop talking and I see she was also a DJ on a local radio station and they never stop talking either. There's a pattern there....

I've just watched the first programme, recorded because I was out doing something useful last night.

Let me stick out my neck and predict the winner - the woman with the check suit and creepy sales patter.  At least she displays evidence of brain cells.  Many of the rest match their talent with their modesty.

Chris

Oh dear, wrong again.  I have shown judgement typical of most contestants.

Chris

• RMweb Premium

My money is on Charlene - I drew her name in my workplace's sweepstake! 

I noticed that when Ruth walked to the taxi, the colour had drained from her jacket!

It's vaguely an agreeable entertainment watching such massive egos take a bashing - loved seeing them shovel manure.

Yeah, Charlene is the only one to show any promise so far, none of the others stand out at all.

Interested to see how Vana and Selina get on, not much love lost between those two.

Read on the net earlier that Selina has apparently retracted an earlier tweet saying that she had gone and wouldn't appear on Jack Dees wash up.

I had read that Selina and Charlene had a bit of a physical bust up outside of the boardroom following the Dover / France purchasing task. This was cut out at the edit. Selina is on borrowed time and will not last the distance. I think Richard may emerge and do well too. I did well the other week, although did rely on others to do things for him!

Just watched tonight's episode. Definitely think the better book emerged as the winner. At one point I thought team leader Charleine had hampered her chances by messing up one of the first pitches. However she definitely saved her skin with an inspired late deal. She probably made a good decision to keep Richard at a distance to allow herself to flourish. However he should have done that first pitch. I stick by my prediction that these two will be strong contenders.

As for the losing team - Sam had a lucky escape. He should have gone for failing in a task that was supposed to be in his strong area and for his indecisiveness in the board room. I predicted a double firing with Sam and the coughing lady to go. That is the second pitch she messed up!

I was pondering on the format tonight. Given it's all too easy to blame the PM, perhaps the PM should be exempt from being fired and have to bring in three others. Also, they often ask the person with "relevant" experience to be PM. I think sometimes they're the person who needs managing and lack the objectivity to be an effective manager/leader

Yes, I really cannot see Sam going much further, too much dithering. Charlene was maybe a bit lucky but sometimes you need that. I still think she is one of the stronger candidates.

Surprised that another of the women went, that's four in five episodes.

We must be due a double firing soon.

I can't think of a definite example, but I have a feeling that it may well have done on one occasion. I think a series or two ago someone got "too mouthy" so he got rid. Either that, or it was the girl who had admitted she had made a mistake signing up for the show. If I have guessed the trailer correctly and that is indeed what happens - my favourite for a swift exit would be Selina as she has been on the verge of the chop for a few weeks now!

Archived