Modern drivers

Hi

I have been trying for a while to find some figures that would be suitable for a modern train/ bus driver. Can anyone help me please. I don't mind painting/ repainting so long as the figure underneath is wearing the right sort of clothing.

Thanks

Ryan

A modern bus driver?  Easy!  Any figure with the following characteristics should suffice:

1. a total lacking of the ability to smile
  2. a general unhelpful attitude toward all members of the public
  3. little to no knowledge of the route they are operating

Have I forgotten anything...?  :scratchhead:

I am not quite sure if they are what you are after, but Dart Castings / Monty's Models do diesel loco drivers and second men. Modern by my favoured era, but I don't know if today's drivers wear overalls and caps. SWT and Southern emu drivers that I see are in civvies, with perhaps an uniform coat to put on when out of the cab.

A modern bus driver?  Easy!  Any figure with the following characteristics should suffice:

Have I forgotten anything...?  :scratchhead:

Lol! I am sure there are many things to add to the list...

I am not quite sure if they are what you are after, but Dart Castings / Monty's Models do diesel loco drivers and second men. Modern by my favoured era, but I don't know if today's drivers wear overalls and caps. SWT and Southern emu drivers that I see are in civvies, with perhaps an uniform coat to put on when out of the cab.

Unfortunately that is the wrong type of figure for me! Where I live drivers normally wear a shirt and tie of some sort. Thank you for this suggestion though.

Very interesting Jim! I had not realised this was available. Maybe...

You could try looking here. Lots of lovely stuff.

http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=figures

Thanks for the Idea RexAshton.

My local drivers, who drive for East Midland Trains, are smartly dressed in navy blue suits, collar and ties, no hats.I think their shirts are a lighter blue. They sit at their driving controls in shirtsleeves.

They look more like air-plane pilots rather than drivers of the old  steam days. Sometimes they wear hi-vis vest, when they are walking to the cab of their train they have a medium size wheely suitcase for their equipment.

I cannot say the same about my local bus drivers. Since I've retired and started using the buses, I have found them completely opposite. I am often dropped at places away from where the bus stops, which are more convenient to me eg. the front of the pub. I have had drivers who have been pulling away from the bus stop and made a second stop to pick me up. I have also seen them be very helpful to the very elderly.

The same cannot be said for the supervisors at a local bus station. I have clashed with supervisors on more than occasion and most seem follow characteristics 1 & 2 above.

Earlswood nob

• 4 weeks later...

Archived