Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

'Cambrian Street'

BobM

1 minute ago, 380John said:

It was a look at Taw Valley as Elizabeth II, and as part of it a bit of a chat with staff at the SVR. 37:40 is around the mark Arley is reached and I believe you are mentioned. 

Get well soon

John

Oh brilliant thank you...

Thanks for the kind wishes, will steadily rebuild, getting a lot of support and help..

Regards

Bob

• Friendly/supportive 2

13 hours ago, Harlequin said:

Sorry to hear this, Bob! I hope you’ve got lots of support to help you recover.

A bit of gentle railway modelling should help… 😁

And maybe a visit to Arley.

Once I’ve got my head around what’s happened, the layouts will be great therapeutic diversion 

Thanks for your kindness 

Regards

Bob

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys.....

I'm 'on the box' as it were until mid-August by the look of it, so with no work or SVR to speak of, the 'heavy stuff' of the gardening trade and Arley 'out of bounds' for the duration, I have begun the 'therapy' of miniature horticulture, sitting outside in my back garden with the shade of a huge Prunus Tai Haku in this heat, have tried to form up a tree for either Cambrian Street or Arley layouts......

Used bundled florist wire, filled out with white milliput and then a drizzle of PVA....will keep you appraised.

Thanks for the recent kind comments when I 'short circuited' and ended up in  railway parlance, in 'the workshop for boiler repairs', thankfully not 'withdrawn from traffic'....

Regards always

Bob

425429965_IMG_07631.thumb.JPG.4f71bc6ef895670a721c7e43804b39ba.JPG

Edited by BobM
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

Hi

Have used the twisted wire technique for forming trees many times but always found using das clay or putty as filler very fiddling and not always giving the desired finished surface?

So I am using something different for me although I am sure it’s nothing new?

Drizzling in pva glue into the wires this flood fills the gaps then leaving to go off return with the point of a small electrical screwdriver further pva is worked into the gaps and branches, as this sets the surface can be roughened to give a bark texture ?

The whole surface goes clear so can be painted up later when set?

Will post further later.

Take care in this heat guys 

Bob

74AB0718-08F1-492C-9B42-B1B80FD120A3.thumb.jpeg.fc96b8c952272fedfd5526bfd5b44b14.jpeg

Edited by BobM
  • Like 6

Afternoon!

Have started to apply the initial poly fibre to the branches of the tree.

Later further denser foliage and scatter to be added?

Considering completing a limb of the tree at a time?

FF14960A-27ED-4A44-82E7-53830E49A8D3.jpeg.6e2ba124649539bffe296173033f3964.jpeg

Regards

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, BobM said:

Afternoon!

Trying to add detailed foliage into the poly fibre.

B5BD2F74-0BB4-4343-813C-CAC3A7D2CE3C.jpeg.3b53d3fda83fbc14cb15051b996712e7.jpeg

Regards

Bob

Hi

Placing the scale rule against this piece, it is going to a mature 45 foot tree!

Bob

• Like 4

Evening 

The lower branches have been covered in foliage, the plan is to add a lighter scatter tone prior to moving on to the upper branches.

142FFFEB-9B48-4502-8DCB-84B1FD21774A.jpeg.df66b0d89209ff82fb9f71defd35f3fa.jpeg

Regards 

Bob

• Like 10

• 1 month later...

Hi 

Sorry that is has been so long in absence of posting, but I have not been too chipper since I had to go into 'The workshop' for 'Firebox Repairs'.....getting there now thankfully, so with recovery underway and winter nights approaching hopefully some good model railway therapy can be undertaken too soon?

Regards always

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Friendly/supportive 15

Hi 

No new major concerns thank you, just finding it difficult to adjust, but progress is being made, hopefully going to Stafford Model Circle Show to get back into normal routines!

Regards always 

Bob

• Like 3

Going the gym linked to the 'Action Heart' charity linked to the local cardiac unit at hospital for a planned 12 months of routine exercises.

Be fitter than a 'Butcher's Dog' soon!!

Regards

Bob

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Mate!

Sorry to hear that Bob. You're not having much luck are you old chap?

Well Kimmy and I both had it and in our case it wasn't much worse that a bad cold. Chin up old son chin up.

Regards Lez.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1