40106 purchased by Cfps

scouser999

Interesting as there was a deal for 40106 to stay and run at Bo'ness for a year. Also it's not the one I thought they were after or is there a 4th one in the pipeline. Being they are also asking for money for new tyres and funds for mainline is it a member who has bought her.

As an outsider looking in who doesn't know any great details etc.....I think this is good news. Nice for them for them to finally get a 40 with discs. The Deltic Preservation Society started with 2 locos and then ended up with 3 and they are doing an excellent job so I think it is a big plus to have another loco for the CFPS. Good luck to them. The more locos that are in running order the better in my eyes and obviously the CFPS already has great expertise in that respect - it also allows locos say to visit other preserved railways for say summer seasons thus creating extra appeal,interest in the class which should all help in the long run. Three 40's at the ELR by late next year - now that will be worth another visit.

• 4 weeks later...

As per the DPS they will be able to have say one on the mainline, another doing the preserved railways and the third under full overhaul.

As D306 is vac brake only she will never run on the main line under her own power unless a major rebuild/dual braking takes place, which would remove her uniqueness 

Archived