Bacmann parts request

Peterpiper

Credit where credit is due, Sent parts request to Bachmann Monday, paid for it Tuesday arrived first post this morning (Thursday), now have my trailing pony truck to fix my A4, Bachmann your a star, wish every company was this easy and quick to deal with :)

post-27214-0-87797800-1448571007.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Beat this!........I emailed Bachy on 10th December to see if I could get a replacement brake pull rod for Lanky tank, it arrived yesterday by air mail... no charge, I live in country South Australia where even local stuff can take longer  :O . Brilliant service Bachmann, hat duly taken off!! :thankyou:

Rgds......Mike

Hi Guys

I need some advice if I may.

About 12 years ago I bought a Bachmann A1 which I later discovered albeit too late that it was 1 of those with the bad motors in it and since then I have been trying to find either a motor or a complete chassis. Trouble is, the original chassis now needs extra parts on it just to get it back to how it was when I bought the loco.

My question is, would it be cheaper to kit build a chassis for it or purchase a replacement Bachmann chassis.

Any comments or suggestions most welcome.

Personally, I would look out for one on Ebay or the like with a damaged or rough body, I would of thought this the cheapest route

About 12 years ago I bought a Bachmann A1 which I later discovered albeit too late that it was 1 of those with the bad motors in it and since then I have been trying to find either a motor or a complete chassis. Trouble is, the original chassis now needs extra parts on it just to get it back to how it was when I bought the loco.

My question is, would it be cheaper to kit build a chassis for it or purchase a replacement Bachmann chassis.

Simple, quick and easy fix suggestion. There's a well known Liverpool box-shifter selling complete new Bachmann A1 mechanisms at £95. (It happens to come with an A1 'Tornado' body shell and tender included in the box as well.) Other dealers may well offer even more competitive prices so trawl around. Take the new mech, install in your existing A1 body, then sell as s/h for parts the Tornado body and tender with your non-working mechanism, with explicit mention of the motor problem and missing parts.

Hi Guys

I need some advice if I may.

Interestingly I spoke to Bachmann about just this problem before Christmas. Bachmann will replace, rectify the issue for about £30.00 includes return postage. I've not sent it off yet but will be soon. HTH.

Archived