Prodigy and wireless

Deltic Man

Hi Everyone

Bit of a question for the experts out there. I have recently purchased a wireless prodigy pack from MRC but it does not seem to work with Prodigy base which is the prodigy 1. Have I made a boo boo and does the wireless only work with prodigy 2 or do I need to upgrade my 1 with something. Any help with this is much appreciated, I may just not be using the wireless correctly as there was next to no instructions with the handheld when it arrived.

Nik

Nik, I'm sure you're aware that there's no thing as a Prodigy 1 or Prodigy 2.

The original Prodigy is an old system long since replaced It's pictured here (the one on the left) also here MRC handbook

The Prodigy Advance is probably the one you are referring to as the Prodigy 1. It has also been discontinued in favour of an updated version of the same, called the Prodigy Advanced2 ("Squared")

The Prodigy Wireless conversion pack only works with the Advanced "Squared" and not the earlier Advanced.

I believe you can get the PA upgraded to a PA2

I hope that helps.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Ron

I thought as much I will go on the MRC website and see if there is an upgrade pack from advance to 2squared

I sent MRC an email asking this some time ago, they will upgrade it, but you have to send the base station and handset back to them, can't remember the prices now though, wasn't vast amounts.

I sent MRC an email asking this some time ago, they will upgrade it, but you have to send the base station and handset back to them, can't remember the prices now though, wasn't vast amounts.

Hi

I too contacted MRC a couple of weeks ago and I received the following back from 'Frank' of MRC...

Dated 22/02/2010...

What is the cost of the upgrade including shipping back to the UK please? Plus what parts do you require to be returned to you?..... The base unit software to advance squared specs is $35.00 u.s., each handheld which needs software and hardware cost $35.00 each...

It may be cheaper to just have your base unit upgraded and buy an advance squared handheld (Its not! They are around £109 GBP) as your old handheld will still work, but it will still only get 19 functions as opposed to 28 functions.

That's about £47GBP in total.

:) :)

Hi, if you contact gaugemaster they can upgrade it for you, I was told that if I sent proof of UK purchase it would be done for free, so would be worth contacting them.

regards

mike g

PS I have not yet got mine as I was hoping to get down to Ford latter this month to buy direct from them and take my unit for upgrade.

Archived