Family 8x4 OO layout - Trains running again.

Jaggzuk

Hi Vecchio, yes I have used the in track magnetic uncoupler for the Kadee, but used a group of neodymium magnets between sleepers rather than the large Kedee slab.  Partly because all my track was down before I decided to go for Kadee.

My rolling stock is a mix of old and new, so the coupling types vary considerably from large metal D hooks, moulded within the bogie type, to NEM and even they vary in height!  So for Kadee, I have to undertake a variety of conversions to achieve reliable coupling.

A magnetic coupling had made the conversion process quicker, cheaper and more location tolerant.  Plus in my eye, the Hunt is a lot less visually obtrusive than the Kadee in my fixed rakes.  With a bit of weathering using some frame dirt paint they will look even better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Well, it took two evenings, but all my photos are now re-uploaded after the data loss.  And to think its been over two years since my last post!!  Wow

Anyway, the layout is still there, a lot more rolling stock and locos have accumulated on the layout, thanks to Christmases. The fiddle yard is full, and so are many storage boxes.  It all needs a good tidy up and a clean.

1738406391_2022-09-0823-24-37.JPG.82c9f45a0542783b15c5fb47cb18018e.JPG

Not much has happened on the layout construction wise, life does that to you and the boys have discovered Nintendo Switch and other tech.  But, the layout still get a bash once in a while, when mates come round and they fancy “real” things to play with and not screens.

Anyway, hope to pick up some of the many modelling projects this winter.  Oh yes, I also converted a nice big van into a Campervan for the family, so that took my focus the last two years!!

Great to be back

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1