The Depots, Rosedale East.

Worsdell forever

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 11/04/2023 at 19:55, Worsdell forever said:

I've been looking for a while for a horse and rider, it needed to be quite a large horse to represent a Cleveland Bay, this of course ruled out all the H0 scale ones, there are some 4mm ones but these either have huntsmen riding them or look very pony club gymkhana... Dart Castings though do an 'Arabian Horse, with rider' I thought I'd have a look at it at York and decided it's big enough and the rider didn't look like they were after a rosette or a fox's brush. What I was hoping to represent is this -

img?regionKey=I8YgeuxiOniePg0BnGSgFA==

Jack Welford, known as America Jack or Mister America (he lived at America House Farm), he was a local Character, savior of the Cleveland Bay horse and friend of my grandad. 

The Dart horse and rider were a good start, a bit of filing was done so he would sit a bit further back and his riding helmet eased into a flat cap, might have to have another go at this as it's still a bit domed.

20230410_160002.jpg.5761b890eba3b1a7a844efb01ffe4b73.jpg

A plastic sheep, possibly by Preiser, was gently butchered to fit across the front of the saddle and after the horse and Jack were painted it was glued on and the gaps filled a bit at a time with thick super glue and painted. 

20230410_175924.jpg.9d816a3e19492ea305622bba5cdd1d46.jpg

I like it, A fascinating incite into North Yorkshire pastimes.

Andy

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 23/04/2023 at 10:52, Worsdell forever said:

Next problem to sort is one of the electro magnets that seemed to be dead, turns out the magnet is fine so I now need to find the fault in the wiring.

Yes, the magnet is fine it was a pin in the plug between baseboards that had got pushed in, swapping pins has sorted this and it seems to work fine. 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Anyway, after that silliness, a good first day at ExpoEM, layout ran well, met quite a few rmwebbers and 5 people who have walked the line... 

Now off to see what culinary delights Bracknell has to offer. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Jason T said:

Where else is there in Bracknell? 🤔

3 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

almost anything I would hope

It turns out they've ground up the old concrete Bracknell and build a new town centre on top, lots of places to eat. Went to a world buffet and now enjoying a decent pint* in a quite nice modern type pub.

*Mostly lacking a nice creamy head, but then we are down south... 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Worsdell forever said:

And good to see you.

What... how... eh?

20230513_171444_copy_1600x861.jpg.abd98bd76392ec7d21d8e090e2a4a482.jpg

First time it's run through turnouts since it's been regauged (so first time through any turnout...) and no issues at all. 

Ah, I didn't see that! But I'm back again tomorrow...