GWR 56xx 0-6-2t buffer beams.

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone have pictures of the front and or back of a 56xx loco including the buffer beams showing the rivet detail?

I am looking to modify the Bachman body after fitting a High Level chassis .

Gordon A

The only shot of a 56XX I have, in Dad's albums, has some really rather nice rivets on display - enjoy

post-14351-0-27836000-1453159434_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have pictures of the front and or back of a 56xx loco including the buffer beams showing the rivet detail?

I am looking to modify the Bachman body after fitting a High Level chassis .

If you replace the frames and the buffer height comes out wrong, won't the height of the rest of the body also be wrong? i.e. isn't the problem the height of the frames? maybe the frame just need an application of a big file?

If you replace the frames and the buffer height comes out wrong, won't the height of the rest of the body also be wrong? i.e. isn't the problem the height of the frames? maybe the frame just need an application of a big file?

Apparently Bachman  raised the footplate to by about 1mm to accommodate 00 wheel flanges inside the splashers. Fitting the High Level chassis with P4 wheels results in the buffers being 1mm too low, but the footplate is now at the correct height.

Gordon A

Archived