Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Warren Haywood Painting and lining

It's just common old bs224 deep bronze green, just about the same as pp GWR green and fractionally yellower than their BR green.

Easy to tint to match if needed although the colour has never been questioned.

Ever so grateful Warren. I don't think anyone would question the colour as good 'ol deep bronze green was adopted by quite a number of pro painters. I'm pretty sure Brian Badger and Alan 'Bracks' went over to it too. The preserved Scots Guardsman looks to carry this green (along with a number of GWR locos) as it has that satisfying olive-ish oily green appearance about it. 

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 1

While the red lines undoubtedly add lustre to the crimson lake, I am remembering the real red lining was 1/16" wide, or only one-eight the thickness of the yellow lines. The question is, would it be visible in 7mm scale. I talked this over with David Jenkinson and the outcome was I warmed up the cream lining colour with a touch of red rather than risk getting things over scale (and over expensive!  :biggrin_mini2: ). Your coaches look superb so good on yer to taking the trouble.

Edited by coachmann

• 3 weeks later...

Strange, STRANGE! Warren, how could you. It is a thing of beauty, especially after the addition of your superb rendition of the LMS fully lined passenger livery. But I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder? I finished mine in the Jones II livery but I do like her in Crimson Lake. Suits her very well.

Regards

Sandy

Strange, STRANGE! Warren, how could you. It is a thing of beauty, especially after the addition of your superb rendition of the LMS fully lined passenger livery. But I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder? I finished mine in the Jones II livery but I do like her in Crimson Lake. Suits her very well.

Regards

Sandy

Drop some bait in the water, and sure enough the fish will bite! :jester:

• Like 1

OK I'll bite.

The Skye Bogie has style.

The Princesses restrained utility.

Know which I'd rather wash and poliish.

(I'm told you never catch a fish that keeps it's mouth closed......)

• Like 4

No worries Sandy, looks pretty spot on to me,

Quick question for you, I have a small Ben to paint,would it have carried Drummond fully lined livery or were they built later in the plain green? My customer likes them lined so it maybe needs LMS red if the latter is the case.

• 2 weeks later...

No worries Sandy, looks pretty spot on to me,

Quick question for you, I have a small Ben to paint,would it have carried Drummond fully lined livery or were they built later in the plain green? My customer likes them lined so it maybe needs LMS red if the latter is the case.

Hi Warren, yes the Small Bens were first out shopped in the full Drummond I livery. Sorry for the delay in responding but we have been away in the Caravan.(No Wi-Fi!)

Regards

Sandy

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just got word from Warren that I can expect my newly weathered 24 in the post tomorrow!

I'm gobsmacked at the realism in Warren's work.

It took a bit of courage-building before sending such a show case little loco off for ageing but it has certainly paid off!post-15891-0-22844400-1459964712_thumb.jpgpost-15891-0-90145300-1459964714_thumb.jpgpost-15891-0-91318500-1459964716_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...