Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Hornsby A3 front foot steps

Hi

Does anyone know where I can obtain a pair of front foot steps for a China built loco drive A3.

I rang Hornby and they recommended Peters Spare and East Kent Models but no luck with either.

If anyone has either a pair or single for the firemans side of loco and wants to sell I would be happy to buy.

I know years ago they came in the detail pack you get with the loCo but now they seem to be fitted to the loco when you purchase.

I know Brassmaster have a pair on their A3 loco detail fret, which I have and For the life of me I have know idea how you make them up, also they are a total different size from the Hornby plastic one and I do not want to try taking the good one off in case it doesn't come off clean.

Regards

David

Just a thought  - could use front steps from any other ex LNER loco?  Perhaps there are spares for the Hornby K3, B1 or maybe even Bachmann A1 and A2.

Somehting for you to research.

Ray

Hi Ray

That though did cross my mind, but I have not got around to looking yet, but I do have most of the locos you have suggested so time to do a bit more research.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards

David

Brassmaster do a excellent A3 detail etch including the correct shape Steps.

Hi micklner

I Have a Brassmater A3 etch but cannot make out how to make up the front footsteps, They show it in detail in a photo on there website but the etch bears no resemblance to me at all.

Also I would have to make both up as they are different sizes to the plastic ones on the loco.

But thanks anyway.

Regards

Archived