If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Lenz Decoders

Lenz Standard+ decoders have the same motor drive control functionality of the silver and gold decoders but lack the more sophisticated features. If you don't use the extra features they are a good buy.

With the various updates that have taken place, including this latest one to the Standard + V2, there isn't much in the way of more sophisticated features that the Standard lacks.

All the Silver now has over the Standard is....

one extra function output (5 against 4 respectively) 

a higher function output load capacity (500mA as opposed to 300mA per output).

It is also available in different versions with different types of connector, whereas the Standard isn't.

The comparison table also mentions push-pull control. I'm not sure if the new Standard + V2 also has this now?

The Gold only adds USP and SUSI capability and like the Standard, isn't available with different connectors.

n.b. I haven't delved into the range of CV settings yet, to see what differences are now there.

• RMweb Gold
Ron Ron Ron, on 29 Jan 2016 - 11:01, said:Ron Ron Ron, on 29 Jan 2016 - 11:01, said:

With the various updates that have taken place, including this latest one to the Standard + V2, there isn't much in the way of more sophisticated features that the Standard lacks.

All the Silver now has over the Standard is....

one extra function output (5 against 4 respectively) 

a higher function output load capacity (500mA as opposed to 300mA per output).

It is also available in different versions with different types of connector, whereas the Standard isn't.

The comparison table also mentions push-pull control. I'm not sure if the new Standard + V2 also has this now?

The Gold only adds USP and SUSI capability and like the Standard, isn't available with different connectors.

n.b. I haven't delved into the range of CV settings yet, to see what differences are now there.

The new Standard+ V2 now includes push-pull control.  As far as I can see there is little need now for an 8-pin Silver and it may have been discontinued.  One of the main German box-shifters - http://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/ - no longer lists it.

Multi-language documentation for the new decoder is here - http://www.lenz-elektronik.de/download.php

Thanks for the replies, I purchased three from Wickness Models yesterday and they arrived this morning. I have attempted to fit one this morning, however everytime I try and read any of the CVs, they come back as 255. I then tried again with the second decoder with the same result! I am using Hornby Railmaster + Elink. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do?

Archived