The Viewer's Choice Railway

GW1401

Hello, everyone. I know that this is a website where I decide the posts, but I would be interested to see what you would like me to build. But there is a wants and needs list.

The needs are: 

1: To be IN THE UNITED KINGDOM

2: To be be something I can model easily. i.e. The North Yorkshire Moors Railway or something in BR or the Big Four

and 3: Not fictitious.

The wants are as follows: Nothing International or larger that 6 driving wheels, with the exception of the S&D 7F.

If you have any ideas, feel free to comment. 

Thanks.

-Nathan

If your wants include an SDJR 7F then there really is only one railway to model.

How challenging do you want this to be, Bath Green Park challenging or Sturminster Newton challenging?

I think you probably know what you want but like many of us can't actually make the start because there are also so many other models we want to build and trying to find one that encapsulates everything is almost an impossibility.

Why not share your ideas with us and let people give a view on that.

Yes, if you want an S&D loco I'd look at S&D plans.

A shameless plug for this month's BRM http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/107638-brm-march-free-dvd/&do=findComment&comment=2185438 which is an S&D special with plans for a total of six S&D based layouts ranging from small to substantial and a lot of inspiration.

Hello, everyone. Thank you for the support. I only have one issue with modeling the S&D. I only have an 8'x4' board to work with. Also updates will be a little irregular due to school, the fact I live in America, and work, (which I've been rostered in to help build a layout for.) 

Also, would you like to see this in OO or N? It would be easier to model the S&D in N, but harder to get the proper locomotives :/  

I could always model the Midland Railway-Butterley. That would be a fun project.

Anyways, thank you for all the support. I'll do some investigating later today.

-Nathan

• RMweb Gold

Hmm

Shapwick might be S&D but being on the Highbridge branch if you want to be prototypical it limits trains and motive power somewhat

Are you going for a particular era?

Phil

Hi Phil. If I do model Shapwick, I'll be modelling Early BR. On the layout, I'l only be using a few locomotives, since I only have one running line. I know what locos I'll be using so, now I just have to figure out the blueprint. 

That will probably be later today, or in roughly 10 minutes :/ 

Thanks,

-Nathan

I'm planning on running a 2251, Jinty, 7F (which never ran on the branch, but let me dream,) and a project locomotive I will make public later. 

I've obtained all the track I need, but need to acquire the rolling stock. 

Originally, (before posting) I was going to do a Guildford Layout with a Merchant Navy, 14xx and others. But they have all had problems as of late running-wise.

So, now I'll be building the layout: Shapwick Mini.

I'll try and upload a photo soon of the track plan.

Thanks,

-Nathan

Hi everyone, I come bearing bad news. 

After closer inspection, (looking at the Shapwick in Train Simulator) I found that I can't fit the entire station in an 8x4. Also, it was almost impossible to get a 7F past Glastonbury

But, this cloud had a silver lining, in the form of West Pennard. The station is modelable and is able to fit in an 8x4. 

I may model Shapwick, but probably when I have more space.

And so, goodbye Shapwick and hello West Pennard. (Sorry if you wanted to see Shapwick, but we are still within the same branch line.)

Thank you everyone,

-Nathan

Archived