Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your replies and words of encouragement.

Here is a photo of the second tree I made planted on the layout:

WP_20160319_15_06_09_Pro.jpg

I think this one looks better, I bought some woodland scenics underbrush light green scatter stuff and will try this with the next tree.

Hopefully this will improve the look of the trees.

More soon.

Jerry.

Thanks Andy,

Well I have used a different method of adding foliage and this is a massive improvement.

I have used Woodland scenics underbrush light green scatter stuff and the trees looks a lot better.

WP_20160320_15_49_38_Pro.jpg

The new tree planted on the layout replacing the other one.

I am going to replace the other one with another one I have made, then I will make a few more and make a forest in the grass opposite the station.

More soon.

Jerry.

Hi Dan,

Not sure if your replie has posted properly.

I have been busy experimenting with different ways of making the trees, the problem being getting the foliage to stick to the branches.

I need to find some sort of tacky glue that isn't to pricey.

The best results so far or by using pva then spraying hairspray as a sealant.

More soon.

Jerry.

Hi Jerry,

Sorry about previous post, yeh didn't post up properly.

I just wanted to say that the layout is Really developing nicely, I had always wanted to try and make some. How did you find it and was it a simple task.. Any advice?.

After all your hard works .. I do hope you are running trains & most importantly enjoying the fruits of your labour?

Regards

Dan

P.s as for seeking alternative methods of sticking foliage to your trees.. Think that thee pva and sealing with cheaper variety of hair spray.. Is best tried and test method.

The Scenic genius Barry Norman (right track dvd 5 & 6) he did 2 treatments of hair spray to lock in the foliage completely.

Don't stop what your doing Jerry and keep seeking new methods.. Without pioneers in this hobby, how can we go forward or progress.

Regards

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply,

I posted a brief explanation how I make the trees a few posts ago, I will post a tutorial sort of post on how to make the trees later on, it's reasonably simple and the results are pretty good.

My advice would be give it a go, its pretty cheap to make your own and very satisfying,

Cover your wire tree in two coats of glue, then sprinkle sand all over it.

I am also going to experiment with hedges, I have got some green scourers and cut them to 1cm height strips.

I am going to try just painting one a lighter shade of green and covering another in scatter.

The tree making is ongoing with some good results.

I am going to have a running session tonight to see how it looks now with some scenics added.

Next jobs are to finish off pavements, build the rest of the buildings, make some more trees.

Next week I am going to the model shop to get some cows or sheep for one of the fields.

More soon.

Jerry.

Hi Dan,

No 37's as yet :-(, but a class 101 dmu arrived with the local service and a class 03 doing a small bit of shunting in the sidings, I will post photos later, taking my mum out today ( keep in good books lol ).

More soon.

Jerry.

Hi Jerry,

no rush on the 37's bud, be all the sweeter when you do get one.. definitely worth the wait. How did the running session go, more importantly did you have fun?.

Look forward to seeing the picture posts. Have a great time with your mum & quite right to keep in the good books.

Regards

Dan

Hi Everyone,

I have been feeling very tired lately, I think its down to a underactive thyroid, it's awful as have no or very little energy.

I will know in the next week or so.

Modelling wise, not much done apart from a tree being made and I bought some ratio fencing that I painted brown.

Hopefully more soon.

Jerry.

Thanks Dan.

I am going for tests next week, hopefully they will find out what is going on.

Modelling wise, I have added a fence and painted some cows and added them to the layout:

Here is a photo of progress so far:

WP_20160329_17_41_16_Pro.jpg

And another:

WP_20160329_17_40_36_Pro.jpg

As you can see, I have also added a hedge.

This was made from pan scourer cut to 1cm height and then covered in pva glue, then green scatter was sprinkled all over it.

They don't look to bad, you can see some more of my homemade trees too.

More soon.

Jerry.

Hi Jerry,

Fingers crossed for the tests bud, hope all goes well.

As for Eade.. Well nothing short of brilliant, layout has really blossomed (pardon the springtime pun) these past couple of weeks.

How's the running of trains going, freight sidings look quiet?. Hope the clocks going forward over weekend have not time warped Eade into the decaying of the many great yards during the mid 90's ?.

Take it easy bud and have a few running sessions for me.. Coming into silly season at my workplace, so unless it's weekends or holiday .. No running or train times for me.

Regards

Dan

Thanks for your support Everyone.

It's a awful thing, feeling very tired and other symptoms is making modelling difficult.

The mornings are the best time at the moment, by 5-6pm I have had it and need to sleep.

Thankfully not to long now before I go to the hospital for tests etc.

My birthday is coming up soon so hopefully a class 37 ( hint, hint wife if your reading this lol ) may make an appearance soon.

I need to get some wagons too as don't have many.

More soon.

Jerry.

Hi Everyone,

Haven't done anything to the layout the last few days as have been having tests etc.

My last one is tomorrow, then I should get the results on Friday.

Not been to good last few days.

More soon.

Jerry.

Thanks Andyram.

No modelling has been done for a few days now, all the tests etc have been done and it's just a waiting game now.

Hopefully going to do some modelling tomorrow.

I need to make about 10 more trees so that will keep me busy.

More soon.

Jerry.

Hi Guys,

Not been to good tiredness wise, I have had all the tests etc and will know the results on Thursday ( hopefully ).

I managed a quick running session:

WP_20160410_08_45_04_Pro.jpg

A Class 101 dmu arrives at Eade, the driver seems bemused by the lack of passengers.

More soon.

Jerry.

Archived