Inspired by Brent June 1947

The Fatadder

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Stephen Freeman said:

You mean to tell us you didn't use Slaters bogies as supplied in the kit???;)

I did make that mistake on the clerestory brake third, which still doesn’t run well enough to actually be on the layout.  The toplight compo that I do have  in service has replacement bogies.  Truly awful things 

2 hours ago, Stephen Freeman said:

On the question of Siphon C's I don't think the ones from Calne would have ventured as far west as Brent. I do have the liittle OPC book by Tanner, don't have any numbers but have scanned a couple of pages for you.

calne.pdf 1.13 MB · 8 downloads

thanks I will have a read of that later.  In this case all the evidence certainly points to there not being much of a chance of this van appearing at Brent.  However for me Siphon C means Harris and Calne.  
So the choice of a calne van with no destination is perfect, I will use the logic of an important order meaning delivery from Calne.  

my logic is that the branded destination vans for Glasgow, Newcastle, London, Portsmouth etc were for the regular timetabled flows, while the return to calne vans which simply had the roof boards saying Harris Bacon etc From Calne would have been used for the less frequent / one off traffic

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

Its a shame I couldnt get the nice cast Slaters queen posts (as I could do with some for the concertina brake third that will be arriving in the new year.)

In the past, I have phoned Slaters for brass lost wax castings and they have always been obliging, but I have always asked for multiples of 5 or 6, I think that makes it worth their while.

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Siberian Snooper said:

In the past, I have phoned Slaters for brass lost wax castings and they have always been obliging, but I have always asked for multiples of 5 or 6, I think that makes it worth their while.

Thanks for that, I will get in touch with them after Christmas.  Buying 5 coaches worth would be worthwhile with the toplight and concertina needing them now and the Dreadnought is on a truss underframe and probably ought to be on the earlier style as well.   No doubt I will end up with more toplights in the future (not to mention plans for an eventual Dreadnought all third)

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I think this year has seen the most visual impact in terms of the layouts progress, all be it with a long way still on go. 

16B3D14A-1BBF-4BFC-A437-8B01336E2FED.jpeg.5aeae87f9c2d21ccd460fe7b1fcd6dff.jpeg

The basic terrain has now been completed up to the lift out section, most of which has also been treated to the first coat of static grass as well as the perimeter fence. A number of Woodland Scenics trees have been built and installed adding to the scene.

Ballasting has been completed again up

to the lift out section, with the first half of the layout having the ballast weathered.  The dodgy double slip has been fixed finally, although that only highlighted another problem in that the Tortoise has a failed micro switch which needs rewiring.  

Moving onto the roads, Vicarage Road has had the road surface laid, as has the yard (with the exception of the area around the goods shed). The road bridge at the London end has also finally been built and installed.

E8B9F6A6-97CE-4363-9A6F-4B78170E1874.jpeg.5bf338ee69c0eba98528ddee32fe017f.jpeg

Building wise, the up waiting room and cattle dock have both been painted along with installing the house on vicarage road. Mock-ups have been added for the remaining key buildings (including a test print of the drawing for the Intentio goods shed.) 

On the signalling front, the remaining Dapol

signals have all been installed, however they have yet to be wired up.  

Finally at last I have a branch fiddleyard built, all be it one that has been finished as a mini layout which will eventually get the full scenic treatment once Brent is finished.

For 2022 the plan is:

- Point rodding, I have all the bits required from ModelU, Brassmasters and MSE. As soon as it’s pleasant enough in the garage for doing delicate work I will get started.

- Wiring, there is a fair bit of wiring needed to finish off the branch fiddleyard (in addition to fixing that dodgy switch on the Tortoise). I also want to get all of those signals wired up. I think this will need a new control panel (as the current one has no space for more switches). I have been looking at the Grange and Hodder one that was used on Tetbury elsewhere on the forum. 

- Buildings, hopefully Intentio will not need much longer to finish the goods shed kit (if anyone else is interested in buying one they will be on general sale once the kit is finished). The down waiting room and signal box are waiting on me to run through the cutter, so hopefully should be done soon.  Which will leave the canopy and roof tiles for the up waiting room.

- Finally I want to get the first coat of

grass finished on the London end of the layout (along with adding the backscene). Just need to finish the plaster work on the lifting section.

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 7
  • Round of applause 5

• RMweb Gold

On to the locos and rolling stock:

My favourite loco project of the year is a tough one, but I think my favourite has to be the improved Austerity (with the weathered Castle close second.   My favourite coaching stock project was an easy one, it has to be the TPO.  While my favourite wagon project is a little trickier I think the etched W12 cattle van edges it.

I think there was a little to much to

show everything from the year so I’ve kept it down to one 9 by 9 image 

Locos:

Top row:
Bachmann/Comet hall repainted in wartime black as Eynsham Hall after the window plates were removed; PDK after finally getting it running well on DC; Bachmann WD after detailing with Bradwell parts and weathering
Middle Row: 
5798, 4582 and 1470 after weathering, with the first two also fitted with couplings and a crew.  1470 still hasn’t been fitted with a decoder (and the new ash pan needs reattaching). 
Bottom Row
A basket case of an eBay Oxford Rail Dean Goods improved with some Finney bits and repainted in weathered wartime black.  Currently awaiting a crew and couplings.
F3862E38-CC08-4DE6-8599-0226200F6BEC.jpeg.34f5d047c7c39c9d190f210fac14d7d6.jpeg

Freight

from the top left:
Warren Shepard P15 build; a rake of kit built wagons fitted with couplings and finally in service; Bachmann clay hoods modified to GWR O1;
Middle row:
Milk tank builds (short version and a DC brake conversion); Siphon C from a Ks siphon F; more of the sheeted O13s
Bottom Row:
Two cattle vans from the Coopercraft kit; Cambrian? LNER 1 plank and a Geen Fruit C; Warren Shepard W12
Mex
BA72B483-6794-47F2-9BC3-8646BD80A173.jpeg.20b0cc005f9896b90d643596432a007e.jpeg

Coaches

Slaters toplight third fitted with new chassis; Comet sunshine compo; Comet sunshine stock brake third (both need the paint stripes after the varnish had a bad reaction).
Middle row:
Worsley Works Dreadnought brake third; Bill Bedford L21
TPO; the rest of the Hammond TPO kits built
In 2019 painted and running on Brent
Bottom Row
Sunshine stock First painted, a better view of one of the finished Hammond TPO coaches, Airfix B Set modified with chassis and headstock corrections (but still needs the fictional window filling

3CC09E90-DA16-485C-B8C9-864E2F7EB0F0.jpeg.7d03f84f3f0477d50bd67c9d23986b80.jpeg

The Future:

For 2022 the plan is to finish off the o13 milk brake, sunshine composite and brake third, along with the toplight third.  I also have a concertina brake third coming and a Comet slip coach to build.   The aim is to continue upgrading locos with weathering, a crew and couplings.  
The centenary rake needs couplings, glazing and interiors fitting (it’s about time!)

The PDK 47xx hopefully will finally get a decoder (as do the 74xx and 14xx), along with hopefully building a chassis for my Finney 2251.  It’s about time the Bulldogs were finished as well…. The plan is to continue upgrading the locos with crew, coal and weathering.  Maybe I will finally get started on fitting lamps…

Other than that, there are still another 20 or so kit built wagons awaiting cou

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Gold

A final post for Brent this year with a little work managed between Christmas and New Year.  We have been away for most of the brake (getting back on the 29th) so there has been little chance to make a start at the point rodding.  With work about to go into year end close, I dont see that situation changing in the next week.

However I did find time to work on a couple of coaches.  First up is the Slaters C28 toplight third, ignoring the fact that the underframe design is a little suspect  in that it has been finished with the comet flat (i.e. L) trusses rather than round / queen posts.  As mentioned before some toplights were retrofitted with this, I just dont have a photo of a C28...   More on this later...   The Comet underframe has now been finished off with scratch built headstocks, Comet V hangers, Comet buffers and one Comet battery box.  It still needs the vac cylinders and another battery box adding, an interior and joins the November coach builds in needing fitting with grab rails / door handles etc.  Thinking about it I have quite a few coaches now in service which are lacking interiors, something which really needs sorting this year.

42358FFC-12D2-4E67-AC95-6F6CECE40720.jpeg.705cd9991e137935639b29e03e794b0f.jpeg

I have also made a start on the next build, a Comet F24 double ended slip coach.  I havent done a lot so far (just drilling out the holes for the handrails (I think these must have been a cock up on the etch as they were half etched from the back), and forming the door bump stops (half etched from the front annoyingly.)  For the latter I used a centre punch to form a small dot on the rear of the coach side and then used the rivet press from the back to form the stop, much easier than drilling out and soldering rod in place.  I still need to do the one task I hate more than any other on a Comet coach and drill out the holes for the door hinges, why on earth Comet did not include these holes I cant understand.  Even worse the etch with the hinges on is not included with a full kit and naturally I have forgotten to order one...  Dont get me wrong, I love the Comet range for the depth of coach diagrams available and the core style of construction but they really did make some poor design choices!)  For this build I am torn between my fall back approach gluing on hinges from Evergreen strip, or just drilling the holes and fitting the brass hinges after painting.  (I guess a lot will depend on whether or not I find the etch Comet supply for marking out the hinge locations for drilling...

The other job that has been completed so far is on the ends (and relates to another bit of poor design), the step should form an L shape on the front secured with two rivets.  For simplicity the Comet steps slot into the front from behind (with no representation of the flange against the cab front.  This I can perfectly understand, however there is also no provision made for the two securing rivets.  A pair of half etched holes on the rear of the etch to form the rivets would have been a much more convincing compromise.  Instead I marked up the etch and punched them through full thickness with the rivet press.  Ideally I want to find more prototype photos of the left hand side of the cab to see how the equipment is formed (along with the non alarm gear end)

Finally back to the interiors and battery boxes etc

I have been giving a lot of thought to buying a 3d printer, spurred on by friends getting one at Christmas.  There are quite a few things I have in mind for it, but a big one is that it would mean with a couple of drawings I would be self sufficient for things like battery boxes, vac cylinders and dynamos which I always seem to forget to buy.  It also has me thinking about coach interiors, I already plan to replace the corridor wall parts that Comet supply with a silhouette cut part (I just need to tidy up the office/workshop to get the cutter out).  Drawing up a partition wall with a seat on either side  for third, first and combination is another thought for simplifying the interior builds (not to mention getting the specific parts for the Centenary restaurants).  The printer will be about £200 or so (and the resin is pretty cheap), so it is pretty tempting. 

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 9
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Happy New Year

A good start to the new year with a bit of work on some coaches.  

first up the toplight third has had its underframe painted and is now ready for service. DFF31860-EDF3-419D-A50E-2B0C25AB8721.jpeg.c8d9e562869a600fe7390c37dd2611a3.jpeg

Also a good start on the F24 slip, the end has had the rivets embossed above each of the end steps along with soldering the droplight in position.

0B31A458-5C1E-4387-8568-6F7E7E9289B2.jpeg.64bc41a504ddb3a3482de4b94c8a3d94.jpeg

The side was prepared drilling out the holes for the handrails, embossing the door stops, drilling for hinges (although one set need redrilling as the holes are clogged with solder). With this done the ends and sides were assembled in the usual way.
 FDB4DF83-3AAE-410A-8320-E33F6E8C3ADB.jpeg.cfc61bf6b135ca18eb395b5e57a327f4.jpeg

annoyingly I forgot to prep the roof before fitting.  The drawing supplied with the kit is wrong (it has been printed too large) and is not dimensioned, so the correct roof vent locations needed recalculating before marking up.  The holes will all be drilled with the Dremmel to ensure as little force is used as possible 

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5

• RMweb Gold

On to the under frame, after shortening the floor and solebars the latter were soldered into place followed by the headstocks. No need to modify them for the coupling loops this time as it will get Dinghams at both ends, eventually the plan is to add some sort of DCC linkage to the coupling at one end (memory wire maybe?) so that the slip can detach from its coaches. 

The bulk of the castings have been glued into place, just waiting on the vacuum tanks to try so I can see what fettling is needed to get them fitted 

2D0EB86B-0531-4683-94B7-262E1B3E1C92.jpeg.6e781246d1008c32a7714a5a9344aec8.jpeg

the roof has been drilled for roof vents, but my last drill bit snapped when drilling for the second of water tank filler pipes.  So there are still 6 more small diameter holes to add

Next up are the bogies, and soldering in the brakes.

the kit is missing a lot of the end details so there are still parts (especially the bells) which need sourcing.   Amazon should deliver the Hornby wheels on Tuesday….

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

There are two potential formations which will use the slip

The 00:15 Paddington - Penzance newspaper 

Siphon G

Full Brake

Siphon G

Sleeper First

60ft Full Brake

Siphon G 2930 or 2978 (both fitted with tresses and steam heat)

Slip

or there is the 08:30 Plymouth to Paddington

70ft brake third

Third

Compo

Dining Car 

Compo

Third

Third

Van Third

Slip

i think in the long run the slip will probably end up on the siphon rake (along with the BSL sleeper first) but not until the Accurascale model hits the shelves (and I finish upgrading the Hornby siphons).   At this point I will rework the current sleeper set into a North West working with some extra LMS coaches…

So for now the slip will be in the 8:30 Plymouth to Paddington.

So with the usual shortening the formation will be:

BTK - 70ft Concertina brake third 

TK - Toplight

Dining Car - H33

CK - Hornby Bow End

TK - tbc likely either a bow end or Mainline sunshine stock for now until

BTK - Sunshine Stock

Slip

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Siberian Snooper said:

I don't have my Russell books to hand, is the bell on the slip coach the same as the gong on an auto trailer?

I think so, and IIRC the Dart Castings auto trailer detailing kit includes a gong.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

I think so, and IIRC the Dart Castings auto trailer detailing kit includes a gong.

It does?  Must have lost that casting as my auto coach is also still in need of one!

my intention is to buy a 3D printed later this month or next, so I think that is going to be the optimal route to sorting this out (as a whole auto coach detailing kit for two castings may be a little excessive.

I have just tried to fit the vacuum tanks, despite the extra spacing between the uprights the 5 Comet tanks still don’t fit (having modified them to shorten the base to allow them to but up against each other rather than spaced as per the prototype.)  So once again a replacement part is needed.  The recessed domed ends look a pig to form in plastic so again the idea of the 3D printer comes to the fore, I given the measurement of the gap between the two uprights it shouldn’t be too difficult to design my own tanks as a one piece drop in part (which could also be adapted to use with restaurant coaches)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Last night saw significant progress on the slip, with the roof detail added (bar the handrails for which I am awaiting a delivery of more 0.6mm drill bits), bogies finished and the interior has been built (fully using the Comet parts as I still havent cleared enough space for the cutter to be set up...  Thankfully with 4 third class compartments (and a 4 compartment strip on the Comet etch) there wasnt too much messing around getting the wall sorted.  

There are still a few areas needing attention:

The underframe - it is still missing its vacuum tanks, hopefully I will finish off the CAD drawing this evening, then just need to place an order for a printer.  I am currently looking at the Elegoo Mars 2 Mono (2k), Mars 3 Mono (4k) and the Anycubic 3d Photon Mono.   a full print of the vacuum tanks to the right size will finish off the underframe nicely.  I also still need to add the linkages to the vac cylinders, and the bar that goes towards the bogies (I am unsure as to how the linkage between the two vacuum cylinders clears the tanks.  Finally the steam heat pipe needs to be added to one side of the solebar.

C2A5DFFA-96AE-4164-BF9B-81B572AE185C.jpeg.f148162fb5cd0270eaba72c6ea9ef876.jpeg

Inside, while the interior is now ready for paint, there is one key omission in that I have yet to add the detail to the guards area.   My thinking is to cut a plasticard bulkhead and glue in place inside the body after painting / glazing is complete.  (a brass bulkhead soldered in place would have been a better option here!)  

Finally the ends, thanks to @Siberian Snooper for sorting me out with a set of the required gongs for the ends, I think these will need to go on post painting.  There are still other details which need fitting including the 3 pipes, alarm gear and lamp irons.  At some point I will need to find a source for a slip lamp as well.   All being well if I get a dry lunch time this week it will get a coat of etch primer (although I will wait until the two previous builds are stripped and I have completed the concertina third before painting.)

F08DAED0-181C-4017-9295-8C197DED3BA9.jpeg.aa3f6930e0b2df0dae12185fac6219d8.jpeg

Also out at the weekend was the H33 as I wanted to work out what work was still required.  It will need curtains painting on, along with additional detailing to the underframe.  I am rather in two minds with this as an alternative approach would be taking one of my spare Hornby Collett coaches, cut off the sides (with the usual filed rebate on the ends).  (or there is option 3 of selling the existing coach and using the proceeds to buy a new set of sides for the conversion...)  Before I do anything I will be doing a full inventory of all my coaching stock to make sure that I am not going to require 4 D95s, particularly given that I have already got thoughts about turning one into a brake composite...)A568A52E-6E5F-4D38-A97A-991348CAD7AD.jpeg.869d9e842fd6960e8ff35eee50b08669.jpeg

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• RMweb Gold

Before I go and splash out 300 quid on a 3D printer, it’s time to crack on with learning Fusion.  Way back in the early 2000s I did learn 3D modelling (SolidWorks 2006) at university, however unlike with Autocad where I have maintained most of my knowledge using the skill through the years through etch design, model drawings (or using it to plan out the insides of our house).  I never used 3D cad again, so I am rather starting again working in Autodesk’s Fusion 360.   Thankfully @carlw’s 3D drawing for model railways series on YouTube https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCO6U0E0fVTEm9RUQMRtKVKQ/about is a very handy guide through the drawing process with fusion.  An hour wasted trying to do it on my own was followed by a much more productive session following instructions, hopefully after a few more videos I can have another crack at the tanks…

In the mean time I’ve had a good look at concertina brake third which arrived today.  
the construction is solid with the white metal door inserts looking like they have been soldered in, however the etched strip along the top is only on one side, as a result it’s not as stiff as I’d prefer.  
My plan is to use a couple of spare mallard ends soldered into the body as a bulkhead in the brake compartment.  Keeping the sides the right distance apart, plus solder a strip of fret along the top of the other side.  I think I will also cut and fit spacers every few inches above the passenger section for extra strength, then it will be time to try the job I am really dreading in making the vac formed roof….  
it will eventually end up on a modified Comet underframe, although I haven’t quite worked out how I will deal with  the Mallard (I think) etch sticking 5 mm into the coach), I’m curious as to how well It is secured (and if it can be removed to be a straight fit on the comet underframe)

01D02FC9-152C-4669-908B-71454A8F42A5.jpeg

E0C89C25-CD84-43E3-8F4E-2748BC79E385.jpeg

2E01484C-ACF1-4A9F-A96F-33702EA37097.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I’m envious about how quickly you take a packet of parts and a few days later present a fully built carriage.

That concertina carriage is going to look great, once you’ve sorted the new niggles out. I might have missed something, but why do you need to vac form the roof? Couldn’t you use the standard Comet profile?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

I’m envious about how quickly you take a packet of parts and a few days later present a fully built carriage.

Once you have mastered the soldering side of it, there's not really that much to building a basic Comet carriage.  Its the detailing which takes the time, mostly because there is no provision for it in the kit. 

2 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

That concertina carriage is going to look great, once you’ve sorted the new niggles out. I might have missed something, but why do you need to vac form the roof? Couldn’t you use the standard Comet profile?

I purchased the kit part built (and from the looks of it stored for quite a while) so was fully expecting some niggles to sort.  Thankfully nothing major and it should be a pretty quick fix (just need to get through year end first.), really looking forward to getting this one finished as its a diagram I have been wanting for a long time.  (thanks again to Coach Bogie for offering it to me).  

The roof is a common issue with kit coaches from Worsley, Mallard etc in that no one makes a GWR profile roof.  The Comet product is my favourite to use because of the really useful lips built into the underside.  However the profile is nothing like a GWR roof, (its far too flat), from memory Comet designed it as a hybrid between GWR/LMS/LNER profiles and use the same roof for all (bar their Mk1s which I think had a different profile available).   MJT also sell multiple profiles, and their LNER/GWR is certainly a much better match shape wise (but does not have those lips for holding the sides out).  I used one of these when I built the Mallard full brake last year, it works well for "standard" width coaches, but is too narrow for the wider stuff like the Dreadnaught or Concertina unless you modify the coach.  When I built the Dreadnought brake third I used an MJT roof, but slightly narrowed the top of the sides + reprofiled the ends slightly. 

In this case Mike included a Geen vac formed roof with the etch which should be a perfect match (assuming I dont cock it up)...

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

Once you have mastered the soldering side of it, there's not really that much to building a basic Comet carriage.  Its the detailing which takes the time, mostly because there is no provision for it in the kit. 

I purchased the kit part built (and from the looks of it stored for quite a while) so was fully expecting some niggles to sort.  Thankfully nothing major and it should be a pretty quick fix (just need to get through year end first.), really looking forward to getting this one finished as its a diagram I have been wanting for a long time.  (thanks again to Coach Bogie for offering it to me).  

The roof is a common issue with kit coaches from Worsley, Mallard etc in that no one makes a GWR profile roof.  The Comet product is my favourite to use because of the really useful lips built into the underside.  However the profile is nothing like a GWR roof, (its far too flat), from memory Comet designed it as a hybrid between GWR/LMS/LNER profiles and use the same roof for all (bar their Mk1s which I think had a different profile available).   MJT also sell multiple profiles, and their LNER/GWR is certainly a much better match shape wise (but does not have those lips for holding the sides out).  I used one of these when I built the Mallard full brake last year, it works well for "standard" width coaches, but is too narrow for the wider stuff like the Dreadnaught or Concertina unless you modify the coach.  When I built the Dreadnought brake third I used an MJT roof, but slightly narrowed the top of the sides + reprofiled the ends slightly. 

In this case Mike included a Geen vac formed roof with the etch which should be a perfect match (assuming I dont cock it up)...

Thanks for that Mike.

It reminds me that I have a Mallard Clerestory sleeper carriage in the "to do" box and I have huge issues with the roof on that one. Having then stood and looked at the actual carriage at the WSR I now understand better how it should go together.... one day... soon.

I'm off to the railway room as this afternoons pub quiz has been cancelled, so I can feel a carriage day coming on!

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

drawing of the F24 vacuum tanks is now complete, just need to get a printer now to see how it turns out.

3C5780ED-6327-44F0-B049-0B99C20DC5F6.jpeg.0bf90809f69dc159e38f715c348a773a.jpeg

this station sign was drawn for one of Carls YouTube lessons, naturally I couldn’t resist adjusting it to something a little more specific for Brent.  My plan is to do a test print (scaling this up from N to 4mm scale) to see how it looks, if the lettering comes out well I plan on adapting the drawing to match the real thing and printing out for the layout.

93466602-8C3F-48C5-9962-C0828FE7D063.jpeg.6d152e03cf027613bd20b9e828c61655.jpeg

I still have a lot more to cover in Carls lessons, next up is drawing a buffer (which will be useful in the future) then there will be a lesson drawing a lowmac from a plan (which may even be useful as a print). 

that said the next bits I plan to tackle are a bit easier, i want to draw up both sizes of battery boxes, coach vacuum cylinders, coach dynamos, coach and wagon buffers, roof vents and corridor connectors.  The intention is that it will mean that I can produce my own coach details for everything that needs fitting pre painting, so I don’t get any more holdups waiting to get to an order quantity which is large enough to make ordering worth while.   (I could

also look at adjusting the drawing to combine multiple parts as a single print meaning the 4 parts on a coach will be perfectly positioned by default)

going forward drawing a bogie is on the todo list as a future drawing project, for American and Dean bogies at the very least (likely to be followed by more).  (Although this would be designed around Comet’s etched sub frames, just because something could be 3D printed in one piece doesn’t mean it should be…). To be clear I have no intention of becoming a trader, the financial return just doesn’t stack up.

More interesting bits will end up on Shapeways, though their delivery charges (and customs) are making it silly expensive now.  

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 7