R3400 Golden Arrow

Hilux5972

• RMweb Premium

I have just had an email reply to my query about the Pullman car types in the pack.

"Dear Mr Scott,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your email, I have had a word with the Hornby team and can confirm

the images on our website are incorrect.

I have just seen the box art work for R3400 and it shows the correct Square window for the Toilet and correct

doorways and will be the U type when produced.

I will try and get the correct images put up on the website in the mean time.

Yours Sincerely

Simon Watkins

Customer Care"

So we are getting the U-Type Pullmans after all.

I have just had an email reply to my query about the Pullman car types in the pack.

"Dear Mr Scott,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your email, I have had a word with the Hornby team and can confirm

the images on our website are incorrect.

I have just seen the box art work for R3400 and it shows the correct Square window for the Toilet and correct

doorways and will be the U type when produced.

I will try and get the correct images put up on the website in the mean time.

Yours Sincerely

Simon Watkins

Customer Care"

Shows cars remodelled to match the 1951 cars but, sadly, still doesn't indicate that there ARE going to be 1951 Festival of Britain  cars. Good to see Minerva remodelled as a Guard Parlour Car, though. Of course, if they do the 1951 cars then there's a possible 'Last GA' train pack with blue and grey cars and the Class 71 electric. 

Somehow I'd missed this announcement of this pack and would certainly like 34100, but at 290 for the loco and three (admittedly new tooling/style/GA names/emblems) Pullmans I'd rather just the loco - suppose I should simply buy an existing rebuilt and rename her!  :)

Can't tell from the posted pictures, is the loco expected to have the front flags/arrow as well as the smoke deflector ones? I've an old Wrenn (pretty much MIB) that is the GA edition and it's rather nice all decked out, but not quite the detailed standard of today, or something I want to installed DCC on and run on the layout. A little out of place detail-wise.

• RMweb Premium

Somehow I'd missed this announcement of this pack and would certainly like 34100, but at 290 for the loco and three (admittedly new tooling/style/GA names/emblems) Pullmans I'd rather just the loco - suppose I should simply buy an existing rebuilt and rename her! :)

Can't tell from the posted pictures, is the loco expected to have the front flags/arrow as well as the smoke deflector ones? I've an old Wrenn (pretty much MIB) that is the GA edition and it's rather nice all decked out, but not quite the detailed standard of today, or something I want to installed DCC on and run on the layout. A little out of place detail-wise.

The description says full regalia for the loco so presumably that does mean the flags as well.

But the Pullmans in the pack were never U-Type but old K-Type modified to match the new 1951 U-Type set they were intended to augment.

There would be little point in doing modified bodies for these three unique K-Types when with very little extra effort they could produce the whole line of U-Type Pullmans with many identities.

• RMweb Premium

But the Pullmans in the pack were never U-Type but old K-Type modified to match the new 1951 U-Type set they were intended to augment.

There would be little point in doing modified bodies for these three unique K-Types when with very little extra effort they could produce the whole line of U-Type Pullmans with many identities.

It clearly states in that email they will correctly be U-Type Pullmans. How do you know what Hornby will release next year? They may well release further U-Type Pullmans to expand the range.

• RMweb Gold

I believe that all will be revealed for certain, supporting the email response above, think along the lines of following the actual prototype practice, in a future Engine Shed blog post so watch that space...

I hope you won't mind Hilux9572 if I throw in a couple of edited pics of previous Hornby 'Golden Arrow' trains?  With from memory the appropriate headboards, arrows and flags.

The 34100 'Appledore' ought to be stunning. Hornby really are reaching new heights in RTR modelling with the Bulleid Light Pacific and new Pullmans.

post-7929-0-40348000-1457642525_thumb.jpg

post-7929-0-20917200-1457642565_thumb.jpg

cheers  (and looking forward to 34100 and new Pullmans!)

• RMweb Premium

Absolutely not. I am very much looking forward to the new pack now. The Pullmans will be re-purposes for part of Churchill's funeral Train. Since there were U-Types in that take too.

Archived