New Life For Hornby R3284TTS

DonnyRailMan

LNER 2547 Doncaster is now fully run in 45 mins  each way and now pulling rakes of 10 & 12 coaches with ease.

It as been said of the R 3248TTS having problems when setting off with jerking when pulling away slowly . Not had that

problem with my loco she pulls away smoothly from a slow start every time. 

post-20318-0-07910900-1459877804_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

attachicon.gifLNER DONCASTER .....2547......JPG

Thanks for info micklner,

Only reason I asked was Hornbys War Time black Flying Scotsman as smoke deflectors

and was still a Class A1 in WWII.

Donny, that's because the W/T Black Hornby model was based on the Locomotive as it was in Preservation a little while back. As you are probably aware it has now gone into BR Green, which is  the only colour it had in service while it had a double blast pipe and German smoke deflectors.

The link below may help.

http://blog.nrm.org.uk/many-guises-of-flying-scotsman/

post-20318-0-01620900-1469372840_thumb.jpg

Donny, that's because the W/T Black Hornby model was based on the Locomotive as it was in Preservation a little while back. As you are probably aware it has now gone into BR Green, which is  the only colour it had in service while it had a double blast pipe and German smoke deflectors.

The link below may help.

http://blog.nrm.org.uk/many-guises-of-flying-scotsman/

Many thanks for that information The Blue Streak.

Are you going to add some lining to the cab sides/front, boiler bands and footplates/axle boxes?  I know RR models are very basic with livery detail, but looking at my "Flying Fox" of at least 10 years since I got it, your "Doncaster" could look even better, IMO.

Good luck with it anyway. Presuming they share the same chassis.motor etc.it should be a good hauler. I regularly put 8 or 9 Pullmans on the back of mine round 3ft radius pointwork and level track, but that's about its reasonable limit. A banker is called up for the gradients. I don't want to risk a burnout . Analogue control, by the way. 

Tod

• 3 months later...

Are you going to add some lining to the cab sides/front, boiler bands and footplates/axle boxes?  I know RR models are very basic with livery detail, but looking at my "Flying Fox" of at least 10 years since I got it, your "Doncaster" could look even better, IMO.

Tod

Where would be the best place to get the red lining from.

Archived