If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Just come accross this site...!

A_S

Hi Guys,

I have started building in O gauge and posting on the new railway modellers board a little, but I thought i needed somewhere with more 7mm modellers to ask questions and develope my skills. The O gauge Guild was helpfull but does not seem enthusiatic to my posts or questions but however this place seems great (I have been trying to get registered/activated for a few weeks!) - looking at the topics everyone seems very helpful and i am keen to start my own workbench thread - would this be ok, or do you need to be a more senior member to set up such thread?

• RMweb Gold

Hi and welcome to the forum AS. I am still in the process of starting my O gauge layout but this place is a fantastic resource for all gauges and there are many O gauge members out there as well. Anyone can start a thread and photo's are always very welcome so don't be shy jump in and start posting.

Regards Chris

Welcome! I've just started dabbling in 7mm scale as well - there's quite a few people here modelling in O and I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms :)

Anyone can start a workbench thread, just go for it.

Thanks Guys - I will probably be asking more questions than giving answers - but if people are of a similar skill level to myself I will always try to help! I've been reading a few of the threads and they are truly inspirational! some stunning quality builds. I will be posting loads of photos - so don't worry about that - I'm a bit of a photographer outside railway modelling!

• RMweb Gold

I'm a bit of a photographer outside railway modelling!

That sounds great AS, any tips and hints will be most welcome. The digital revolution in photography offers such a vast new field of potential for railway modellers, and some of us are only just beginning to discover it. Look forward to seeing some of your shots (oh sorry, didn't mean to put any pressure on you! biggrin.gif )

Welcome, the boards have been in a bit of a transition period recently. Hopefully starting to settle down now though :)

While I'm solidly rooted in 4mm, my girlfriend's father who recently passed away had modelled 7mm for years so I'll be watching with interest :)

Archived