Drawings and parts for classes 81 to 84 and 86 to 89

Yep not a problem Stuart I can get that sorted out a bit later. I've had a further delivery of Model Railway Constructors so will have a quick check through them as well in case there is anything in them.

hi everyone - great forum this! Thanks very much to everyone for your help & advice - much appreciated!

• 8 months later...

So, over a half a year later than the last post on this topic - physical progress!

Main body cad and the result modified with cab floor fresh off of the print bed, with support structure removed. Very pleased with the result so far - unfortunately due to the size of my printer's print bed (only just getting used to all the hardware and software) I have had to split the body in two and add a reinforcing tab structure. The cab is currently just construction lines so I won't show that yet as it won't make any sense;

post-16674-0-36680800-1495704276_thumb.jpg

post-16674-0-89801300-1495704326_thumb.jpg

post-16674-0-96327600-1495704363_thumb.jpg

post-16674-0-84806500-1495704412_thumb.jpg

Printing the other half tonight (6 hour print time!)

Cheers,

Edited by 60800
  • Like 3

Looks promising, when I tried to model the face cab of the 85 I remember I had 3 takes to get it somewhat decent. I'm still not all that proud of it.

The existing Bachmann 85 is quite identical to the 81's shape, only difference is the bodyside with the vents. Another thing is the 81 had a sharp angle between the bottom of the body and the bodyside. But what had been much earlier said about reshaping the 86 cab is true. You would be much better off reshaping an 85 if you go that route. Hope to see more progress on this project!

• 9 months later...

I note tha hattons have a several,of the class 85 models on special offer much cheaper than you can get second hand on ebay

none of the TOPS BR Blue ones though ... maybe they're clearing out some stock before the 85040 model comes in

• 2 years later...