Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Oswestry in 4mm & 7mm.

coachmann

Industrial action! A walk-out by Guards on H&S grounds (Heap big pay rise & Shorter hours), left Oswestry MPD bulging at the seams this morning....

post-6680-0-92105800-1475747301_thumb.jpg

On view from the top are a 38XX 2-8-0, Hall 4-6-0, Hall 4-6-0, Grange 4-6-0, 28XX 2-8-0, Dukedog 4-4-0, ROD 2-8-0, 66XX 0-6-2T, 5700 Pannier, Ivatt Cl.2 2-6-0, Fowler 4F 0-6-0 and Stanier 8F 2-8-0. Out of sight are a 52XX 2-8-0T, 45XX Small Prairie 2-6-2T, Small Prairie with large tanks, and another Hall 4-6-0....

post-6680-0-01921800-1475747304_thumb.jpg

In response, Dr. B. Ching, local apothecary, suggested the engines be sold off and the guards given the option of being shot at dawn or transferred to the Southern Region....

Looking like the fabled GWR181 cavalcade, it is in fact Dia Goodun's scrap yard, which is beginning to fill up with stuff from a closed branchline in Shropshire.....

post-6680-0-53992600-1475752611_thumb.jpg

post-6680-0-21041800-1475752613_thumb.jpg

Al Paint, Heritage Secretary, has told the BBC Outside Broadcast team that, while the chips are down, he hopes the engines will find good homes with those who like to do a spot of fishing....

post-6680-0-51093100-1475752614_thumb.jpg

I thought I heard an explosion from over the hillside and a very large dust cloud over Oswestry

This is most upsetting and it's not April so it can't be one of those. :O  :O  :O  :O 

Tell me it's not true Larry  :cray_mini:  :cray_mini:  :cray_mini:

:nono: This and the threatened closure of the Pencarne branch line it's bad times on RM WEB  :nono:

I had a dream............I thought it were't Jehovah's at first. Sucked me in alright talkin' about weight, mass, 3-links and fly-shuntin'.  Think BIG they said ~ Think broad gauge.....Think 16.5 to 34mm!  Even before i could shout "Don't darken my doorstep with your talk of things to come and low prices", I was converted.  Yards of track, a loco and three coal wagons were thrust into my palm and they were off.  Wow......Oswestry-On-Steriods!   :training:    :mosking:

Business as usual, surely.

Yup, it's only a hobby.

I sat and watched an 0 gauge loco and three wagons passing me at eye-level followed by something similar on adjacent 00 gauge tracks. Now I am not going to try and convince anyone that 0 gauge is better. I will simply say that I was given the opportunity to carry out tests in my own shed and 0 gauge won me over.

post-6680-0-17086300-1475868627_thumb.jpg

I will not be foregoing my usual lay & ballast in one go, but seeing as 0 gauge sleepers are somewhat deeper than I am used to in 00 gauge, some experimentation with ballast sizes is on the cards.

Yup, it's only a hobby.

I sat and watched an 0 gauge loco and three wagons passing me at eye-level followed by something similar on adjacent 00 gauge tracks. Now I am not going to try and convince anyone that 0 gauge is better. I will simply say that I was given the opportunity to carry out tests in my own shed and 0 gauge won me over.

attachicon.gifWEB big stuff 1.jpg

I will not be foregoing my usual lay & ballast in one go, but seeing as 0 gauge sleepers are somewhat deeper than I am used to in 00 gauge, some experimentation with ballast sizes is on the cards.

You will enjoy it Larry, but it's NOT doing me any favours, I keep looking at my old Trebudoc pics and Videos on You Tube with the Sound fitted Locos, hahahha.

Hi Larry,

There bis certainly a draw to 7mm when it's seen 'in the flesh' so to speak!!!

You're welcome to come and examine my mix of ballast which is generally a Woodland Scenics mixture of 3 different types.

But I think both your fine ash and PGH's looks best around the yard areas.

Jinty ;)

• RMweb Premium

It's Friday, the working week is done and I saw this, and thought of you Larry.

Hope you enjoy, have a great weekend.  And all you other RMWebbsers who appreciate (or put up with) my nonsense.

I have certainly appreciated your recent tales Doctor. They remind me of some from my own youth. Those, however, will remain strictly private as far as RMWeb is concerned although they are sometimes told verbally, usually when accompanied by lots of brown liquid in pint glasses.

Have you made a final decision about what track and points to use in "0"swestry Larry?

Ed

Two friends have very kindly offered to build me a few points, but I will purchase a few Peco points to begin with to see how much space I will have. They can always be transferred to the fiddle board.  '0'swestry........I like your play on words there Ed.....

Lets us know when it hits the market please Larry need some GWR stock for Wrexham Central 

Thanks for your inquiry, but if you have any particular requirements, PM or email me.  I joined the RMweb advertising but I do not work with PayPal and so it is of no use to me. The Ivatt Cl.2 2-6-0 and GWR 'Star' have gone along with some wagons. I am considering selling the sound fitted locos with sound in them. The coaches are spoken for. 

Archived