Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

6foot 8 inch(80 inch) drivers in 00

Are there any suppliers I have missed that supply 26.7mm 80inch Drivers with no crank boss? I can modify existing wheels but wondered if any were made.

Stephen.

Presumably you're looking to model an engine with outside cranks? I think you can obtain suitable wheels from AGW, ref: G4880G

Presumably you're looking to model an engine with outside cranks? I think you can obtain suitable wheels from AGW, ref: G4880G

I will have another look at  the list then, thanks for the reference, it  is for a Kirtley Class 800 Jidenco kit from Ebay. Looking into the parts I have or need to be sourced to complete it. At present motors and gears are easier than wheels. Cranked boss wheels would do at a pinch as the centre does not show much if at all.

Stephen

Yes, the GWR plain spoked wheel, I think it is the only option, might as well equip the lot with the Gibson Wheels to match things up. No idea if the spoke count is the same as the Kirtley Class 800, but life is too short to worry about minor issues like that.

Stephen

• RMweb Premium

No idea if the spoke count is the same as the Kirtley Class 800, but life is too short to worry about minor issues like that.

Stephen

I take it that it won't be in P4 then..... :jester:

I take it that it won't be in P4 then..... :jester:

No P4 at the moment, quite content with most RTR 00 at the moment, P4 is too intensive to do at present.I was involved very early on in P4, all made with my own parts, and still have all the locos from the 60's bar one. The layout is a bit rusty, steel track was used, which I deeply regret now. The improvements in 00 standards satisfy running models, and the scenery is P4 / 00 anyway! My left arm is still bad and causes issues with making models, but slowly finding ways to get around it, and it is getting better.

Stephen.

Of course I could make the track look even worse than 00 and do 16.2, with  points a different gauge........ I'll stick to 16.5 and hope the full US NMRA standards are implemented over here, referring to gauge only, a track standard set 70 years ago and not messed about with, it works!

Stephen

Archived