RMweb

concrete area looking superb, real inspiration for some future modelling.

One thing I noticed is the two liquid containers are upside down as the metal pallet part is the base, the top has a round plastic cap on which you could put a little paint on. I have some which I have made to look part full of liquid by using thinned down paint dripped in between the mesh impressions. Different colours for different liquids such as pale red or pale yellow for diesel and green or blue for anti freeze.

Hello and thank you!

I see that now, and have corrected my daft mistake!

Thanks for the advice on the colours of the fluids contained - makes sense!

Thank you for your comments they are very welcome!

Cheers

Trev :)

• Like 1

concrete area looking superb, real inspiration for some future modelling.

One thing I noticed is the two liquid containers are upside down as the metal pallet part is the base, the top has a round plastic cap on which you could put a little paint on. I have some which I have made to look part full of liquid by using thinned down paint dripped in between the mesh impressions. Different colours for different liquids such as pale red or pale yellow for diesel and green or blue for anti freeze.

Imdont think diesel would be stored in an IBC container

Its been a few days since I last posted as Ive been down in that there London with SWMBO spending all of my hard earned on luxury hotels and stuff for her 40th..

Anyhoo, looking back through my posts, I really should have sketched out what I envisaged my track plan to be, but instead of planning, this time I thought I'd make it up as I went along. (Which probably shows!)  :sarcastic:

I imagine this approach won't be to most peoples tastes, and there may be some track- layout-based faux-pas that I may have committed (I can think of one straight away!)

So, better late than never, here is a quick track plan I have sketched up which gives an insight into the overall arrangement.

post-7156-0-25367800-1474978863_thumb.jpg

It seems to have squashed the image whilst uploading, and the sketch isn't to scale.

The overall dims are 12' long x 2' wide (3 x 4' boards) plus a 4' fiddle yard which I haven't sketched and this will be the other side of the roadbridge.

Cheers

Edited by big T
  • Like 8

As its been payday recently,I’ve been re stocking and buying some new bits and bobs.

I have also purchased some 2mm ply as recommended by Mr. UKPepsi for the platform tops, from:  www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk

For around a tenner I have had some really nice quality ply, and have made a template and cut out as required. Last night was spent sanding. Hopefully by the weekend, the platform tops will be painted, ready to receive coping stones.

I’ve got some new locos and wagons arriving (3 x class 60's and a couple of 37's), some of which will be renumbered. I have ordered new decal sheets and nameplates, hopefully these will be here for the weekend.

I’ve also ordered another of the Ancorton Models security fence kits for the P-Way depot, which should be ready for painting and fitting over the next few days.

I have also received a delivery from Express Models, and have ordered several variations of light fittings:-

·         "Cromer" style circular luminaires for the platform

·         Street lights for the P-Way depot

·         Buffer stop lights. (I need another 5 or so!)

I love the quality of these fittings and think they are some of the best out there in relation to scale and looking 'right'. I work for a National M & E contractor have a bit of experience in this area!

And finally I have a few weathering commissions and an exciting weathering project to work on for a good friend.

Luckily I have a week off in October and I think a good couple of days hard graft should bring me still no closer to the end goal ha ha!..

Next on the list are lighting and pelmets, L.E.D. strips and all that jazz!

Cheers for now

Edited by big T
  • Like 5

As its been payday recently,I’ve been re stocking and buying some new bits and bobs.

I have also purchased some 2mm ply as recommended by Mr. UKPepsi for the platform tops, from:  www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk

For around a tenner I have had some really nice quality ply, and have made a template and cut out as required. Last night was spent sanding. Hopefully by the weekend, the platform tops will be painted, ready to receive coping stones.

I’ve got some new locos and wagons arriving (3 x class 60's and a couple of 37's), some of which will be renumbered. I have ordered new decal sheets and nameplates, hopefully these will be here for the weekend.

I’ve also ordered another of the Ancorton Models security fence kits for the P-Way depot, which should be ready for painting and fitting over the next few days.

I have also received a delivery from Express Models, and have ordered several variations of light fittings:-

·         "Cromer" style circular luminaires for the platform

·         Street lights for the P-Way depot

·         Buffer stop lights. (I need another 5 or so!)

I love the quality of these fittings and think they are some of the best out there in relation to scale and looking 'right'. I work for a National M & E contractor have a bit of experience in this area!

And finally I have a few weathering commissions and an exciting weathering project to work on for a good friend.

Luckily I have a week off in October and I think a good couple of days hard graft should bring me still no closer to the end goal ha ha!..

Next on the list are lighting and pelmets, L.E.D. strips and all that jazz!

Cheers for now

I did notice DB cargo had put some 60 up for sale but isnt 1 in 1 scale a bit big for you ? and 3 of them he he 

3 60's!!!! All in one shopping spree?! Your very lucky indeed haha

I am indeed haha! (but to be fair I do work pretty damned hard to pay for them!!! :lol:

Well, I have just got home and there are boxes and parcels and all sorts waiting, happy days!

Cheers

• Like 1

I did notice DB cargo had put some 60 up for sale but isnt 1 in 1 scale a bit big for you ? and 3 of them he he 

Ive seen a few of the ex MG ones and theyre stripped!!

Ive driven most loco types, but not a 60!

Plus I don't think they would fit in my garage!!! hahaha!!! :)

Cheers

Edited by big T
  • Like 2

I'm loving the long grass.

There's something abut a train creaping along on hidden rails

looking good, love the overgrown siding

Thanks guys.

I hadnt intended for it to be so overgrown! I think it was me being a bit enthusiastic with the Grassmaster!

Cheers

Looking really good Trev. Even if it was over done I agree with Rob that the shunter looks superb in the long grass.

Looking forward to seeing your new aquisitions. Nice weathering on the tractor by the way.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus!

Yeah can't wait to get my new stuff :)

Cheers

Fantastic pictures !

Very nice.

Thank you :)

Hi folks,

Its been a bit quiet in the garage of late. I did plan on trying to get some plywood for the backboards on Sunday, but a surprise hang over put pay to that!  :scared:

I met up with my supplier of traction on Monday night which resulted in bringing home 2 x 60's and a cracking model of 37116, (photos below)..

The 60's will need a bit of jiggery pokery but nothing serious. I intend on leaving 60026 in EW & S red, with the RF Coal Tug becoming 60090 'Quinag'......A firm favourite from many moons ago..

They will receive bits such as skirts, horns, train brake and main res hoses, then ill give them a liberal coat of muck. I would like to fit them with sound, but I think 37116 will get the treatment before the 60's. 

Last night I managed an hour and got the remainder of the security fence up. Some bits are a little shaky, and refuse to co operate vertically. These posts may need bolstering but overall I cant fault the quality of the Ancorton laser cut kits.

post-7156-0-83554800-1475650175_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-36448700-1475650187_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-00715600-1475650202_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-61831300-1475650219_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-67887300-1475650233_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-95395400-1475650251_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-05160500-1475650277_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-03921400-1475650294_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-17797300-1475650322_thumb.jpg

Next area to be worked on is the WRD itself, as its the area of which I have actually done the least!

Cheers

• Like 5

great locos to add to your fleet the ews tug is very nice has it been lightly  weathered some great photos mate.. 

Cheers mate

Yes its been dirtied. Needs a wee bit more matt muck on the roof tho.

Cheers

• Like 1