Hi Trev

Love the shed and the new traction.

I've got some Rix barriers I'm going to use between the car park and the TMD. A few people have used a length of rail to represent Armco barriers which looks effective. I think this is what has been used on the fantastic Burnden Road layout. 

Cheers

<edit> - I think Gaugemaster also do road barriers

Thanks Sam - I did think about doing some rail painted yellow.

Its quite a length though Im not sure how it would look.

Trev :) 

Hi folks

Ive had a rather frenetic but productive weekend.

I have done an inventory of all of my stock. locos, coaches, wagons etc... It took a whole day to count and categorise everything.

I then started to re-arrange the garage to accommodate the fiddle yard (which fitted with just 3/8" to spare).

Ive done a fair bit of loco programming today also.

post-7156-0-58998400-1479069303_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-43353700-1479069318_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-28999300-1479069336_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-15535100-1479069351_thumb.jpg

Hopefully my track for the fiddle yard should be here in the next few days so I can get cracking with that :)

Cheers

• Like 9

Looking really good Trev. After doing your infantry did you realise, like me, that you've got far to many 37's :D

Naaaaaah......You can never have to many 37's :dancer:

Haha cheers mate Ive only got 22! :good:  :banghead:

Its wagons that seems to be my problem. Why on earth would I want 25 x Bachmann BYA's?!

Edited by big T

Looking great!! Also, checking in from NZ haha we're still shaking vigorously here. At least one quake every three minutes

Hey Tom - thanks.

Stay safe over there!

My uncle lives in Levin in Poirura mate, and we've not heard from him.

Edited by big T

Its wagons that seems to be my problem. Why on earth would I want 25 x Bachmann BYA's?!

22!!!!! That's nowhere near enough.. :laugh:

Edited by Marcus 37

22!!!!! That's nowhere near enough.. :laugh:

Tell me about it Marcus!! I must have at least another 40 odd 37's in my head that I want to do........

37796 in manky R/F Coal, 37899 in Transrail, 37275 in blue, leaking oil like its going out of fashion!, 37073 in Transrail, 37100 in blue with flush ends, 37023 with Mainline blue headcode boxes...........

Then theres the 20's, 31's, 47's, 56's, 58's, 60's..........!!!

Too much going on in my head!  :scratchhead:  :senile:  :sarcastichand:  :mosking:

Edited by big T
  • Like 2

.Didn't do much last night as I took my lad to boxing practice, however I did have a new EWS 08 turn up.

Bit of a bargain at £50 however the bodyshell screws are broken. Never mind I can get around that. Hopefully it runs as it was full of hair. YUK!

After a quick cleaning session with my trusty long paintbrush and a blow through from the airbrush, the hair was gone. 

I also had a quick mess about with my Hornby RF Coal loco, (soon to become 60090 Quinag) - you may recall that 2 days after recieving said tug a mate of mine accidentally knocked it off onto the floor.

At first glance the damage seemed minimal;- a broken buffer and a bent axle.

Upon further investigation it was much worse. wiring had become torn from its soldered connections, bogie pivots were broken and the gear towers had become fractured and gears misaligned.

Im indebted to my old mate Bob Bateman for putting a seemingly "destined for the parts bin" loco back to full working order in little under 20 minutes, including the straightening of the severely bent axle back into true by sight alone. (double checking with a back-to-back gauge confirmed it was back in true. Bingo! Cheers big lad!  :good:  :good:

So all I had to do was change the buffers, add a plough on and pipes and we were back in business. I managed to fit the plough last night. tonight hopefully I can do the pipework, nameplates and numbers leaving horns and windscreen wipers.

Phew!!

Anyhoo, here are a couple of pics of the Jocko and Tug....

post-7156-0-63472800-1479195829_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-64229000-1479195842_thumb.jpg

Next up is the fiddle yard and extension of the WRD Buildings!

Ive got plenty to get on with. must stop buying locos, must stop buying locos!

Cheers for dropping by

• Like 7

Hi Trev,

The layout is looking great. I like your new class 37 too. Your Crompton looks nice too I think the Dutch livery suited them.

I am glad you got your class 60 sorted too.

I remember 37408 from back in the day too. I had from Inverness to Kyle and back during the early 90s then about a year later saw it down at Weymouth on a Bristol train. It still had a Scottie dog on one side too.

Cheers Peter.

phew great work on the tug well worth saving and always thought the EWS livery looks superb on gronks and Hornby models are the best nice one .

Cheers VPF mate 

Yes the tug almost made it to the bin. I thought it was that far gone!

I do like a nice gronk. I have driven a couple and I like them. However I know some of my mates who are drivers can't stand a full day on them!

Cheers 

• Like 1

Hi Trev,

The layout is looking great. I like your new class 37 too. Your Crompton looks nice too I think the Dutch livery suited them.

I am glad you got your class 60 sorted too.

I remember 37408 from back in the day too. I had from Inverness to Kyle and back during the early 90s then about a year later saw it down at Weymouth on a Bristol train. It still had a Scottie dog on one side too.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Thank you for your kind comments. Its still "Getting there" - I think that will be my epitaph haha!

I also like that model - shame it runs like a bag of nails. It keeps losing traction from one of the bogies. I'm not sure if the gear tower has had it or somethings shifted. Yay!

Me too - I'd only had the flipping thing two days before it nose dived!  :O  :blackeye:

Dreadful! after she migrated from up Scotland, I think she went everywhere!!!

Here's a couple of trips back down memory lane - Crewe Diesel and Water Orton from my own collection :)

post-7156-0-10717500-1479215317.jpg

post-7156-0-05047900-1479215329.jpg

Also a cheeky one in red.....

post-7156-0-33578700-1479215407.jpg

Cheers

Edited by big T
  • Like 2

Cheers VPF mate 

Yes the tug almost made it to the bin. I thought it was that far gone!

I do like a nice gronk. I have driven a couple and I like them. However I know some of my mates who are drivers can't stand a full day on them!

Cheers 

yeah i bet old cold drafty but there is something about the almost steam design and box like shape .

all coming along nicely! Need to have as much pace as you do on my layout!!

Thank you Sir!

TBH my enthusiasm comes and goes! and that has an effect on my progress.

Take now, Im quite g'eed up as Im going to do my fiddle yard, however once thats done, Im sure I will be a bit more - meh!

Cheers

Edited by big T

Hi Trev,

Nice set of pics, I found my shots from Weymouth.

Your class 33 could have a loose driveshaft, well the bit that joins to the motor I am not sure what the parts called but they can become loose. It is quite common on their class 47s.

Cheers Peter. 

post-7022-0-84039600-1479285207_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-63094100-1479285235_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-02948500-1479285290_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Trev,

Nice set of pics, I found my shots from Weymouth.

Your class 33 could have a loose driveshaft, well the bit that joins to the motor I am not sure what the parts called but they can become loose. It is quite common on their class 47s.

Cheers Peter. 

Phwoar! thats just the job Peter!

I did think that - I'll have a bit of a look later.  Shame really as its one of the better ones Ive done!!

Are they called Cardan shafts?  :scratchhead:

Cheers

I had a delivery of track and points from Neil Mason which arrived on Wednesday afternoon destined for the fiddle yard. (Thanks Neil mate  :good:  :good: )

I spent last night trying to get the design right which would in effect give the most space which would ultimately determine train length.

As the platforms can easily accommodate a loco and 4 x mk1's, it makes sense that the fiddle yard should be capable of holding this length of train.

I think I am nearly there, but I think I need a couple more 3 ways which will open up the space no end. (Im a fan of 3 way turnouts for smaller layouts)

I spent last night fiddling about basically, but managed to get some PCB laid and track soldered to cover board joints.

Pictures of the first train in:

post-7156-0-58292700-1479454910_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-49158500-1479454921_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-80210200-1479454935_thumb.jpg

Hopefully I can get a bit more done Sunday  :D

Thanks for looking

• Like 3

Phwoar! thats just the job Peter!

I did think that - I'll have a bit of a look later.  Shame really as its one of the better ones Ive done!!

Are they called Cardan shafts?  :scratchhead:

Cheers

Hi Trev,

Had these two last month. 

Could be, either way the bit that joins the motors is the bit that slips.

Fiddleyard is coming on well. Llanbourne has a few 3 ways in the fiddleyard they seem to work quite well.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-09735900-1479460805_thumb.jpg

• Like 3