Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

re How much do you spend on railway modelling per annum?

• RMweb Gold

I just looked at my e Hattons account and added up my expenditure since they started recording it on computer in 2008. I was shocked at how much. I sure we all spend more than we realise. Certainly more than planned.

When we had Alloa at Railex in Aylesbury last year, we spotted a bloke with an excellent T shirt. It said (may not have exact words) -

"My hope when I die, is that my wife does not sell my model railway stuff for what I told her I'd paid for it"

• RMweb Premium

When we had Alloa at Railex in Aylesbury last year, we spotted a bloke with an excellent T shirt. It said (may not have exact words) -

"My hope when I die, is that my wife does not sell my model railway stuff for what I told her I'd paid for it"

Hi

There is an answer to that, be honest with her in the first place.

Cheers

Paul

Well being unemployed certainly focuses the wallet.

Whilst not unemployed, I did go through a long period of low pay which forced me to sell off all of my N gauge stuff. Fortunately when things got better I've refocused onto oo gauge and started again and am enjoying it more than before.

Best of luck

Nik

Archived