G.C.R. Model Event QUORN Loughboro', 17,18,19 JUNE '16

Hairy Bear Digital

Ladies and Gentlemen.

This Fri/Sat/Sun a 3 day show held at the GCR railway at Quorn. 60 plus layouts, 40 traders and demonstration stands. Most of the layouts are at Quorn in the yard, Loughboro station has 1 layouts plus trade, Rothley has Guage 1 plus model engineers stands.

Travel from  and hop on/off at each station to visit travelling on GCR intensive service.

Limited parking at Loughboro, Rothley and Leicester.  Ample parking at adjacent field at Quorn (charge applicable).

Open 10 til 5 Fri/Sat

10 til 4 Sun

Price £18 includes entrance to show and unlimited travel on GCR services.

GCR Website for event ........  

http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/modelevent/

Weather is forcast cloudy little showers  and 15 to 19.

Come and enjoy....

Less than a week to go  - and finally there's some mention of this event in the 'Exhibitions' section of the biggest railway modelling website in the country ...

Perhaps their marketing team work on the basis that those who need to know already know, and those that don't know will only clutter-up the aisles.

I'll be there, but only because I made a note of the date after last year's event.

Meg and I should be there with SPARKEL our Bavarian HO snow scene.

We exhibited a couple of years ago (couldn't go last year). The marquee was extremely hot but not much could be done about that. Watch out for the bouncy floors!

Probably a wasted request given past efforts but do come by and say hello.

I will be going to this great show on a great heritage railway (And travelling by train to get there too from Chesterfield!) on Friday. Looking forward to it and I've been planning my itinerary of what will be a busy, exciting & inspiring day whilst at work this week! 

Sam

A request from the new N Gauge Society Stand Manager to inform everyone that the new NGS Stand will be present at this show.

I believe the Stand is at Quorn Station.

Cheers

Neal.

NOT the NGS Stand Manager

Excellent day and some genuinely 'inspirational' and diverse layouts and practice; got lots of ideas from what I saw today.  The Elizabethan MRS's Sutton-in-Ashfield Town in particular (though clearly still a 'work-in-progress nearing completion') was a revelation to a Nottinghamshire lad like me, and those manning the layout could not have been more informative or helpful.  And a good and diverse range of stalls too.

Follow that with a very acceptable cheeseburger from the van outside and a journey behind my old friend from the early days of the preserved GC "Slack Alice" (Witherslack Hall, restored to glory) - and the rain held-off - and all in all a 'Grand Day Out'.

Thanks to all concerned - just make a bit more "noise" about it next year!

• RMweb Premium

Likewise a great day out yesterday as part of the operating team of Stafford Railway Circle Stacton Trestle layout

It's first major exhibtion running with a full compliment of Modern Image DCC sound locomotives

The only issue being the very unstable temporary flooring which did cause some running issues

A very good exhibtion, with some great layouts and a wide selection of trade.

Great value for money when you take into account full access to the GCR with a day rover as I understand.

Marked it in my diary for next year.

Terry

Went today - a good and full day out.

Some parts of the main venue were a bit dark due to thicker material on the marquee that let in less light.

Good selection of layouts and trade - highlights were the T gauge Forth Rail Bridge and Sutton in Ashfield ( an excellent reminder of what a railway in the landscape actually looks like).

Nick

Likewise a great day out yesterday as part of the operating team of Stafford Railway Circle Stacton Trestle layout

It's first major exhibtion running with a full compliment of Modern Image DCC sound locomotives

The only issue being the very unstable temporary flooring which did cause some running issues

A very good exhibtion, with some great layouts and a wide selection of trade.

Great value for money when you take into account full access to the GCR with a day rover as I understand.

Marked it in my diary for next year.

Terry

I went yesterday.  Some fantastic Modern Image layouts, including Stacton Trestle.  I have to agree that the floor was very "bouncy" by your layout and a little dark in places, apart from that a fantastic day out, and you get to play on big trains as well! 

I too had my worries about the organisation but also had a really enjoyable weekend. The only bad thing I experienced was the rocky floor not helped by some people who caused an earthquake every time they pounded past.

I hope this event goes from strength to strength and would be happy to exhibit there again in the future.

Decided to visit on Saturday and despite reservations about the weather had a thoroughly enjoyable day out. Nice range of layouts and good trade support although this year I managed to come away slightly less poor than last year. Delighted of course to see a Hornby Dublo 3-rail layout in action. Definitely 'well done' to the organisers and looking forward to next year.

Regards, Cliff.

• RMweb Premium

I went on Friday and had an excellent day although I suspect the bouncy floor was at least part of the reason a number of layouts were having problems keeping the stock on the track.

My main problem was the traverser moving, usually it's stiff due to differences in heat. This time however it decided to run freely and thus the wobbles caused it to move at the most inappropriate times. 

I doubt much can be done about the floor however as this is a show being held in a temporary structure. I doubt the GCR would build a large permanent exhibition hall for this one event  

Enjoyed the show when I attended on Sunday. Good range of layouts many of which were new ones to me. Nice range of traders too. I enjoyed a round trip on the mainline, plus getting a chance to cab the hall thanks to the generosity of the driver and fireman! Great day out looking forward to next year already

Apart from the bouncy floor (some people really can't be light on their feet), overall I thought it was a good show. If I had one suggestion (after overhearing a comment discussing whether it was as good as Warley (!) ), is maybe the area at Quorn is perhaps too big, and considering how long it takes to see everything at the other stations and enjoy a nice train ride, perhaps just one tent would have been better.

Archived