Hornby R9838 Granite Station Signal Box - what region?

Ben04uk

Does anyone know what make the newly released Hornby R9838 Granite Station Signal Box is and what region is it suitable for? Or is it just a generic, made-up version?

The photo on the Hornby web-site is, curiously, of a Midland-style all-timber box. If this is simply because someone used the wrong photo, and the granite box is in the style of the other 'granite' buildings illustrated, then to my eye, they look to be L&SWR buildings from North Cornwall.

Here's the link to the relevant page of Hornby's web-site, if others would like to consider the images:- http://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/shop/new-arrivals.html?&availability=1

The photo on the Hornby web-site is, curiously, of a Midland-style all-timber box. If this is simply because someone used the wrong photo, and the granite box is in the style of the other 'granite' buildings illustrated, then to my eye, they look to be L&SWR buildings from North Cornwall.

Here's the link to the relevant page of Hornby's web-site, if others would like to consider the images:- http://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/shop/new-arrivals.html?&availability=1

My guess is that they use the description as that signal box is, in their mind, aimed to be part of a 'granite station' setup.  I presume the actual item will be a Midland style all-timber box as per the photo.

I may be wrong though...

• RMweb Gold

Midland style.

The LMS and even BR installed some this (general) type in all sorts of weird locations - Tuebrook on the (deep in) LNWR lines from Edge Hill - Atlantic Dock Junction for instance. It seems to be the "come in handy" signal box structure, given it's made up of wooden flakes it's easily moved and erected so I'm guessing thats why the oddities happened - but who knows ?

Archived