Critter fans? New Plymouth from Walthers.

Not much I'm afraid....I shot the #8 in Statesville about 18 years ago on a cloudy day.  I've never made an effort to drive the three hours west and actually railfan the Alexander.

Not to worry, I did consider contacting the Alexander chapter of the NRHS, but as they don't have online contact, (ie email or website,) I have been reluctant as I have no idea how much a letter would be and a phone call is an expensive option, especially as I don't like talking on the phone at the best of times.

I've never come across that second link before, (or at least not that I can recall,) so thanks for that. I love how it lists the principal customers and commodities, which helps for knowing what type of cars you'd need to recreate a part of the line.

It really is a good time to be a critter fan with this new Plymouth following the recent BLI WLG six wheeler. Thumbing through Critters in Color by Morning Sun has created a dilemma for me - whether to go for blue, yellow or black!

It really is a good time to be a critter fan with this new Plymouth following the recent BLI WLG six wheeler. Thumbing through Critters in Color by Morning Sun has created a dilemma for me - whether to go for blue, yellow or black!

Treat 'em like beer.  Go for a six-pack.

Jason

• 1 year later...

Well, it has finally arrived, and first impressions are very good. It is incredibly smooth for a 4 wheeler and on DC. According to the Walthers YouTube channel it can pull up to 9 boxcars!

DSC_0020.jpg

I will make a video of it in action later.

Well, it has finally arrived, and first impressions are very good. It is incredibly smooth for a 4 wheeler and on DC. According to the Walthers YouTube channel it can pull up to 9 boxcars!

DSC_0020.jpg

I will make a video of it in action later.

Mine finally made it about a month ago and I'm very pleased - but just to make everybodies wallets cry, nay scream!, see  http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/30738#comment-294078  :devil:

Edited by shortliner

I think it's a ballast plough/ regulator.

Custom Finishing do 2 types of ballast regulator, a third kit is produced with all the plow blade attachments.

I also notice Walthers are doing the Jordon spreader again.

I agree with all the comments about the Walthers Plymouth. It really is a great little loco. Looking at the next releases, the green version would be good for a Union Railroad of Oregon layout. Having said that, the bicentennial version is very cool.