Critter fans? New Plymouth from Walthers.

I've also got this coming. EMD model 40. Totally fictious.

IMG_20160627_230046.jpg

Looks like someone put a 44 tonner on a boil wash lol

I need to come off the Walthers page, I am liking too many things, including this set of figures. I only want the guy on the right in a short sleeved shirt, but I haven't seen one anywhere else

• Like 1

As Brian said, a ballast regulator. there's a few videos on YT featuring these :) (in winter, they double up as snow ploughs :yes: ) AFAIK there's no model. You could build a static version from plastic and stuff, but an operating one is tough.

Custom Finishing do/did metal kits for a couple of types but they aren't powered.

Thanks, now I at least know what to look for to find more photos. Incidentally, If anyone's looking for a small industry idea for a layout, just turn around on that link :)

mmmm just did a 360 on that screen,a spur just long enough for one hopper car, and best of, the way the spur leads off the main and across the highway.

Just ideal for the modeler.  

• Like 2

Custom Finishing do/did metal kits for a couple of types but they aren't powered.

Just found a model that's close enough for my satisfaction, Kershaw Model26, think that I may have to get this as an xmas present to myself. Will be requesting assistance on how to order from Walthers via Model junction methinks, as I know people have mentioned doing this, but I am unsure on the process.

• Like 1

The instructions are on the website, and I found it quite simple to follow them. The important thing is to have the Walthers part/ order number, and that it's actually in stock there too.

The phone will be simpler, but I prefer not having to talk to anyone, even though the MJ folk are nice and friendly when I visit the store...

It's been a turbulent week admittedly, but I am quietly confident that in the weeks/months ahead it's going to get better. If not, then it's going to be one heck of a difficult first scratchbuild :)

Edited by NickBrad

Thanks, now I at least know what to look for to find more photos. Incidentally, If anyone's looking for a small industry idea for a layout, just turn around on that link :)

And to make it even better...that's on the shortline Alexander RR...history with 44 tonners, Alco S4, EMD SWs nowadays.  Been around a very long time; interchanges with the Norfolk Southern (ex Southern) on the west side of Statesville NC.

Re: The EMD Model 40. I've had one of the original Roundhouse ones for years. It runs a dream and is totally reliable. You wouldn't credit it is just a 4 wheeler.

As for that new critter, I could go for one of them!

steve

Exactly Craig, I've fell in love with this line ever since i was looking for somewhere to base my Inglenook upon. Do you by chance have any pictures of the railroad, if so, I'd love to see them.

Not much I'm afraid....I shot the #8 in Statesville about 18 years ago on a cloudy day.  I've never made an effort to drive the three hours west and actually railfan the Alexander.