A layout from off cuts called Tarnfield Park

SGJ

After doing some DIY for the kids bedrooms I have some off cuts of thin plywood.

The offcuts are two pieces of 4 x 2, and one piece of 6 x 1.

The name Tarnfield Park is a park in Yeadon ( near Leeds Bradford Airport ) because Benjamin my younger son and Rachael my younger Daughter love going to the park on a Saturday and the offcuts were from there bedrooms it makes sense to me to name the layout as such.

With my interest in doing Carr Crofts ( http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/106682-carr-crofts/ ) I am slowly increasing my DMU fleet to suit the genre

I will have the plywood set out in an L shape and see where it takes me. I will have it as a small terminus station probably a single platform, a coal yard, and a platform for goods, Branch line type Well that's the plan anyway.

The thing that I am wanting to achieve out of this side show project is to better my skills before building Carr Crofts, a practice run you could say.

SGJ

Do you need a run round to enable the good to be shunted ? Or will you have a yard pilot to move things around ?

I will be using a pilot ( 08021 ) I am planning on buying a 03 at the end of July which will give me the option of a longer freight train, I may also have another siding too but its early days, the other thing is that when I build Carr Crofts it will be a gravity yard so this layout may include a slope too for experimenting with :) 

post-9437-0-74679500-1467317960_thumb.jpg

Upon reflection on the idea for this layout, I have decided to not go ahead with it and instead use the plywood for Carr Crofts because it seems like a waste of the wood.

Archived