1 hour ago, Iron Horse said:

Once again gents many thanks for the feedback it is always appreciated 😎

So a post this time with a slight warning although I'm sure you all know any way.

My good friend @Phil Mc has always been on at me to make sure the blinds are shut and no locos or rolling stock are left on the window sill or anywhere where the sunlight gets in. In my typical relaxed style that doesn't always happen and to be fair up til now everything has actually behaved really well especially a Hornby 67 with the Maple Leaf which was on the window sill for months and it still looks and runs perfectly.

Sadly with the extension going on last year my attention wasn't the model railway and my pink Hattons 66 was on the edge of the fiddle yard that does get partial daily sunlight............Yep it's faded and I realise it is purely my fault. That said in some ways it's better, I think it might have been perfect if it had of had 2 months less sun, but there you go 🤣 Of course the dilemma now is do I correct the fade, paint and transfers or do I monitor fading the other side more closely and then weather...........roll on the sunlight😎

So as supplied with a reference image

Pink2.jpg.4fb544ed7fd62dde9c525dbce5a581d0.jpg

After after some sunlight!!!!!

Pink1.jpg.904e6fd287f8a620064adb89cf1a8ba7.jpg

No complaints from me as it is my fault but interesting that the sunlight affects some rolling stock a lot more than other 😉

Mmm, ultraviolet light as a fading and weathering agent!  Will it catch on?😄

Roja

• RMweb Premium

I'd turn it round, let the other side fade......

Then paint it Blue & Orange, instead of that monstrosity of a livery.....😂

cheers,

Phil.

• Funny 1

Point taken Phil and Rob..........you both don't like pink 66's.........duly noted 🤣

Firstly I'd like to say that I've had to contact both Accurascale and Revolution Trains in the last month and would like to put on record just how quick and positive their customer support lines have been, a real credit to our hobby in my eyes, thank you. 

Finally a few randoms tonight, bridge buttresses glued into place

Bridgesupports.jpg.3721d7271e48fff6fc48868008cf6ad5.jpg

How many years has it taken me to get pipes on the front of this?

star2.jpg.934d74e654b3c3a5dcddbe29abc8ab93.jpg

Is there a Dawlish/Dawlish Warren theme going on here?

star1.jpg.de0503ea403b8a64300307f62f8b8ef0.jpg

And once again the things that visit the docks is amazing

Caroline1.jpg.c5fb1654b13de0f03253cdb6cc85a9c5.jpg

So what people have you all been putting in your Caroline's? Yes I have managed to put some pipes on it 😮

• Like 6