Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Android App

skip37216

• RMweb Premium

I'm looking for a an Android App in English to work with Digikeijs DR5000

Any recommendations please.

Have a look at JMRI

http://jmri.sourceforge.net/

There's this app for it which is for an Android phone:

http://enginedriver.rrclubs.org/

How you getting on with the DR5000?

I've got one but it isn't in use yet, just been trying out some of the functions.

Cheers

Keith

I'm looking for a an Android App in English to work with Digikeijs DR5000

Any recommendations please.

I'm not aware of any apps but it might be worth giving James, the owner of Dccautomation a telephone call as he stocks Digikeijs items and is very knowledgable.

Have a look at JMRI

http://jmri.sourceforge.net/

There's this app for it which is for an Android phone:

http://enginedriver.rrclubs.org/

How you getting on with the DR5000?

I've got one but it isn't in use yet, just been trying out some of the functions.

Cheers

Keith

Hi Keith

Yes Engine Driver works great with JMRI Panel Pro but I'm looking for an Android App which works with the Digikeijs DR5000 software.

cheers

Norman

I'm not aware of any apps but it might be worth giving James, the owner of Dccautomation a telephone call as he stocks Digikeijs items and is very knowledgable.

I'm pretty sure that can't be true - maybe the only apps for it are in Dutch or German but I hope not

• RMweb Premium

Hi Keith

Yes Engine Driver works great with JMRI Panel Pro but I'm looking for an Android App which works with the Digikeijs DR5000 software.

cheers

Norman

I'm not quite sure what you want.

The DR5000 is not a computer automation device as in e.g. TrainController, RocRail etc. It doesn't have much in the way of train control on it's own.

It's just a fancy DCC command station.

Can't you control it with PanelPro as an Expressnet device?

Cheers

Keith

I'm not quite sure what you want.

The DR5000 is not a computer automation device as in e.g. TrainController, RocRail etc. It doesn't have much in the way of train control on it's own.

It's just a fancy DCC command station.

Can't you control it with PanelPro as an Expressnet device?

Cheers

Keith

Hi Keith

The DR5000 has built in wifi and will communicate with a mobile phone app.  I'm seeking a suitable mobile phone app like Engine Driver but one that will communicate with the DR5000

I'm pretty sure that can't be true - maybe the only apps for it are in Dutch or German but I hope not

Sorry but James does stock Digikeijs so it is true, just trying to be helpful :)

Sorry but James does stock Digikeijs so it is true, just trying to be helpful :)

I am aware that James stocks Digikeijs but I was saying that I don't think it is true that the are no apps.

I'm sure you are trying to be helpful but do you know of any Android apps compatible with the DR5000 software?

Hello, is there any update on the RocRail RC-Cab????

Hello Johnsy

OK I have the app but can't get it to sync with the DR5000 WiFi.  The initial setup for RC-cab is asking for a Host (which looks like an IP address), a port and Bus

none of which I am sure of but I can seperately get my tablet to sync with the WiFi so I know it's working OK.  I have asked Digikeijs for support but I guess they may be on holiday. 

Also, I can't get the Digikeijs software to communicate with the DR5000 - I just get a 5 sec timeout whatever I try.

But the good news is both Lenz and Digitrax throttles work together with the DR5000.

Norman

• 2 weeks later...

After an initial delay I now have the Rocrail RC-cab app working with the DR5000.  The delay was probably all down to my lack of understanding.

But now I have the DR5000 being used with Lenz, Roco and Digitrax throttles and am able to use Android devices as wireless throttles.

Amazingly good value for money at 150 euro which includes a 3.5 amp power supply.

With this amount of flexibility I'm thinking again of a garden railway with the DCC being delivered by the DR5000

Norman 

Archived