Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Thirsk 2016

durham light infantry

The exhibition diary entry in the latest Railway Modeller magazine lists the following layouts;

Seahouses (O)

Chard Creamery (O)

Scrayingham (OO9)

Stoke Gabriel (OO)

Byr-y-cyriog (OO9)

Outwell Village (OO)

Rumbling Bridge (OO)

Margery Street (OO)

Chapel Lane Sidings (OO)

Zweiburg (HO)

Duncans Mine II (HO)

Bryson Nickel Plate Road (HO)

Network Rail Betton Street

Sunday 31st July. Opening times are 10:30 to 4:30, adult admission £4, concessions £2, family £10.

Venue (as usual) is Thirsk Town Hall, Westgate, Thirsk, YO7 1QR

David Long and I will be there doing a demo of 2mm finescale modelling.

Regards,

Andy

(edited to include Steve's update below)

There are a couple of amendments that need to be made to that list. Neither Margery Street or Duncan's Mine 2 will be appearing at the show.

However, one layout that is not on the list that will be appearing is Network Rail Betton Street. See this thread for for details of the layout - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/108907-network-rail-betton-street-chapter-14-in-operation/

steve

I infer from the OP that we are talking about the W/E of 30-31 July, but confirmation would be good.

Can't help on layouts, but Tom Foster is doing a wagon building demonstration and I'm bringing some of my 4mm stock to display.

I am hoping to start 4mm wagon building shortly, so would be particularly interested in any demonstrations/examples.

Sunday July 31st.  I don't know whether you read my workbench thread, but if there are any wagons you're particularly interested in, I'll make sure I pack them.

Many thanks, am negotiating exeat with the Memsahib, but looks like we'll make it.

I have now found your workbench topic.  it looks like a terrific read, which I am looking forward to.  

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday July 31st.  I don't know whether you read my workbench thread, but if there are any wagons you're particularly interested in, I'll make sure I pack them.

Thank you.  Having gone through your work bench content, they all look wonderful..  My primary interest is Pre-Grouping, and next comes Grouping, but I look forward to seeing whatever you bring..

Thanks to all concerned for a very enjoyable day.

I enjoyed meeting Jonathan, who had brought a couple of pre-Grouping wagons that I found particularly interesting, along with a lot of glorious teak from Grantham, and I also managed a chat with Alan Price of Outwell Village and Malcolm Relton of Seahouses before the family dragged me away. 

post-25673-0-53198300-1469988614_thumb.jpg

post-25673-0-79912800-1469988658_thumb.jpg

Ah, Outwell. One of my favourite layouts and I was obliged to sit looking at it for most of the day. It was nice to see Seahouses the right way up as well, having watched it being rewired most of the winter.

Thanks to everyone who came and said hello or took an interest in the display. Edwardian, do follow up on my suggestion of contacting Dan Pinnock. I was right about the GER 6 wheelers, they were on his list from last July. You might also be interested in some of the items listed here and don't forget about Bill Bedford.

I gather the attendance was up on last year and the organisers seemed pleased when I left this evening.

Archived