Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Gadgets technophobes despise

Ozexpatriate

• RMweb Premium

Taking that idea to its awful logical conclusion.

Travel to work on a bus full of exercise bikes:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/17/soon-youll-be-able-to-do-your-spinning-class-while-on-the-bus-5887779/

The human race is doomed. Time to let something else have a go.

They will be doomed as soon as the bus has to brake hard to avoid crashing into a cyclist or an expensive German made car! Imagine the resulting tangle inside! 

That something else is called Donald Trump.

Then the planet's doomed as well! :jester:

Tony Schwartz (who ghostwrote Trump's Art Of The Deal ): "I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization."

• RMweb Premium

Tony Schwartz (who ghostwrote Trump's Art Of The Deal ): "I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization."

Where's the "worrying" button when you need it.

I normally don't care about thread purity in Wheeltappers, but let's please not go there with The Donald.  It's a fast downward spiral to lockdom.

Biologics (unless we're talking about gene splicing or other technological inventions) are out of scope of the topic.

• RMweb Premium

This morning, I managed to break one of the self service checkouts in WHS!

There is a promotion of a free water bottle with my Daily ToeRag but only a certain size. I mistakenly scanned the wrong sized bottle in and had to get the shop assistant to sort it out. The machine gave a "Run Time Exception" quoting the line of code on the screen!!! The assistant kindly took my payment and I left him to sort it out.

This morning, I managed to break one of the self service checkouts in WHS!

There is a promotion of a free water bottle with my Daily ToeRag but only a certain size. I mistakenly scanned the wrong sized bottle in and had to get the shop assistant to sort it out. The machine gave a "Run Time Exception" quoting the line of code on the screen!!! The assistant kindly took my payment and I left him to sort it out.

Not unusual I suspect as I have the same with them in Asda and Argos - the latter when rebooted came with WinXP

• RMweb Premium

How about ADSL filters; nothing wrong with them until you go broadband problems and the stock response from the IT gurus is first to get a new ADSL filter. Think I must have more that the local B&Q. Surely there must be some way of checking them off line ?

Regrettably not.

Archived