Hornby class 60

class37418stag

Hello everyone

I do wish Hornby make and new livery of class 60 trainload metals and I bet other member want that one too

Thank you

Sorry what was that in English? you want Hornby to do another model of their class 60 in Trainload Metals livery?

NL

Sorry what was that in English? you want Hornby to do another model of their class 60 in Trainload Metals livery?

NL

It was kinda. But as much as humour doesnt always come across on a forum, nor does any underlying reason for someone who might not translate, have full grasp of english or struggle with lexion. I got the jist of what he was on about... and am more than happy to take it as such. Its a hobby for inclusion, even if you type or talk propper... 

YES YES YES I WANT Hornby TO DO ANOTHER CLASS 60 metal and class 08 Railfreight livery 08938 with new retool

There is absolutely no need to retool either the Class 60 or the Class 08...

Cheers!

PS: Yes I am sure that many would like a Class 60 in the Railfreight Metals livery.

I don't think he wants a retool ,

I think he wants the modern models in these colours.

The Hornby 60 remains the waitrose of diesel models. Let's hope Hornby keeps going to make some more .

easy enough to rebadge the current coal liveried loco's

Like others most surprised that neither Metals or Construction haven't appeared yet, especially given the numbers of the class that carried it against only 4 Loadhaul and 3 Mainline which have been released

The quality and availability of decals for re-badging and re-numbering the class 60s is really good these days and there are etched plates available for just about if not all the names of the locos.

Not difficult to do and really worth having a go to make that individual locomotive you desire.

• Like 1

First thing I did when petroleum 60 came out, change one to metals and one to construction.

Nice. How did you fare removing the branding ? I went through the grey a bit when i tried to remove mainline decals from one

It was kinda. But as much as humour doesnt always come across on a forum, nor does any underlying reason for someone who might not translate, have full grasp of english or struggle with lexion. I got the jist of what he was on about... and am more than happy to take it as such. Its a hobby for inclusion, even if you type or talk propper... 

Not my intention to either, merely stating the pretty much obvious, we all have different levels of literacy etc

NL

Yes its a shame have to resort to spraying that particular livery, although it saves time waiting for Hornby to produce it, it can run up the costs, with paint and transfers, but if you can find a decent priced Hornby 60 these days, it still works out cheaper

NL

Nice. How did you fare removing the branding ? I went through the grey a bit when i tried to remove mainline decals from one

I used Humbrol thinners. Puddled it on the branding to be removed, let it soak, and removed with a cotton bud. Did not affect the underlying paint work other than gave it a sheen, which disappears under a varnish spray. Much safer than T-Cut IMO.

• 4 years later...

Yes, I found it useful.

Ordered 60 100 at 1323 yesterday, delivered by RM at 0825 today usual £4 postage (not specific next day). Thanks Hattons and RM!!

Runs great - yes, run in already.

Included instructions state for Class 60 but all illustrations are for a Class 31. Had to go to Lendons web site to find out how to attach "snow" plough.

4 hours ago, Bill Radford said:

Included instructions state for Class 60 but all illustrations are for a Class 31. Had to go to Lendons web site to find out how to attach "snow" plough.

Hi, just a quick question for you: I've just received the same model (always from Hattons), can you confirm that in the detailing kit you had only 2 ploughs with the hole in the middle? 

I want to do a full realistic end but I have only them, not the complete ones...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elmeon said:

Hi, just a quick question for you: I've just received the same model (always from Hattons), can you confirm that in the detailing kit you had only 2 ploughs with the hole in the middle? 

I want to do a full realistic end but I have only them, not the complete ones...

I’ve had delivered 60062 and 60021 (both from Hattons) and both loco detail packs contain 2 “ploughs” that have the cut out for the coupling. There is NO full plough in either of them... :sad_mini: 

Though 60062 ‘Stainless Pioneer’ came with etched nameplates - which I thought was a nice touch by Hornby :good:  About time named models came as standard with etched plates!

On 19/09/2020 at 15:30, Elmeon said:

Yes. No full ploughs. Peter's Spares have detail packs that are pictured with full ploughs...

X5593 @ £6.34 but with £5 postage!!!

On 19/09/2020 at 15:30, Elmeon said:

Same issue here but bought from a local model shop. Not just Hatton’s delivery with cut out only ploughs then. I also had the same problem with class 31 diagrams on the instructions.