Walkley Goods Yard - 1920s Layout Recreated in EM

BG John

• 2 weeks later...

In case you're getting worried about lack of progress, I've been sidetracked by another modelling project for a while, but tonight I've started building the Merit Thornycroft lorry kit, which is the nearest thing I could find to the lorry on ARW's original. I'm also in the process of acquiring a couple of Corgi Thornycrofts for the 7mm scale project that distracted me, so this one seems very tiny and fiddly in comparison!

post-7091-0-60391100-1472597489.jpg

More progress on the layout soon, when I next get the urge to visit the workshop.

It looks as though Walkley is experiencing a bit of a crime wave. Not only have the Thornycroft's wheels been stolen, but the bricks it was propped up on have been nicked too!

post-7091-0-19056900-1472682421.jpg

post-7091-0-02866500-1472682423.jpg

This is about as far as I can go with it for now. I'll add it to the queue for painting, along with the buildings, before completing assembly. It's not actually as complete as it looks above, as it will be easier to paint like this. I probably won't add the tilt top, and just leave the back open. It probably won't have a driver either, and just be standing in the goods yard waiting to be loaded or unloaded.

post-7091-0-99109800-1472682424.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry if this has already been mentioned , but did the original Walkley layout fold in half ?

It did, and the raised hinges were covered by the bridge. I didn't need to make mine fold, so didn't bother, and it means that I can have a built-in bridge, rather than a detachable one.

I'll get back to work on it one day. Honest!!

• 6 months later...