Grim-up-North; Goathland, Queensbury & Bradford.

Sasquatch

• RMweb Premium

Some attention was given to the oaks with a little more tidying up and application of both lighter bark colouring and moss. It's easier to just push any errant foliage up into where it should be than snip it off.

post-8964-0-22859100-1501305601_thumb.jpg

A dozen even smaller saplings have been made to fill in at the top of the wall. Some have been sprayed with a nice light green watery acrylic mix.

post-8964-0-07051200-1501305642_thumb.jpg

It's about time I dug out a train to pose in front of the scene, after all it is a model rail forum.

post-8964-0-14578100-1501305720_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-49171500-1501305779_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-01484800-1501305758_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

WELL SAID in every Post mate. I felt to angry to comment.

Having read as much as I can and learning from Boris, these criminals deliberately set out to trespass and get trashed. Their were class A drugs involved let alone underage drinking. If any of those caught are of age then punishment will be severe. Lets hope they end up in front of a crown court judge. They deserve at least that! Crown court judges wont be in the least bit lenient over such a matter.     

When you read some of the comments on that thread it just makes you more angry, like it's part of life putting up with such immorality and lack of respect. If every body went around behaving like that we'd all still be bashing each other over the heads with stone hand axes. 

Morning again Shaun, I love that pic with the sun catching the Loco and coaches, just a superb shot mate.

Thanks Mate. I did mess with that picture a little. Believe it or not it was taken under florescent lighting. I changed the tones and added a bluish tint at the top and a brown one at the bottom. The background was pure luck, it's just the area I haven't got round to doing but sure looks like a distant moor! 

Regards Shaun

• Like 5

G'day Gents

Apologies for the comment in my last post, on this thread, it was not meant to offend, just a little lighthearted comment on a disgusting act of vandalism.

manna

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

G'day Gents

Apologies for the comment in my last post, on this thread, it was not meant to offend, just a little lighthearted comment on a disgusting act of vandalism.

manna

Thanks manna. 

No offence taken! We could all see where you were going with it but feelings might be running a little high on the subject.

As a fan of Gresley designs it's one of my ambitions to ride on those one day. I've even had the notion that as an old man one day it would be cool to own one and live in it, whilst putting my skills as a cabinet maker to good use helping to restore them. If I ever return to the UK that's what I intend to pursue.  

Regards Shaun.   

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

G'Day Gents

Thinking outside the box..........could you not build one, at your currant location ??

manna

Blimey Shaun, now there's a challenge - a 1:1 Gresley Teak 61' BCK would look nice in your driveway! :D

Al.

Blimey Shaun, now there's a challenge - a 1:1 Gresley Teak 61' BCK would look nice in your driveway! :D

Al.

OR..................................Do the side of your Shed as a Coach side. :sungum:

O.K.    I off now, hahhahha :sungum:

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Al.

I was thinking more the hairdressing/cocktail salon from the flying Scotsman set. Mrs. S could do hair at home and I'm sure cocktails would go down well in the evenings around here. 

Got to make the project pay for itself ya know!

We had our 3 year old nephew for the weekend who informs me he saw the real Thomas the tank engine on Interstate 5 last week. British trains aren't that uncommon over on the west coast.

I'll put up the picture if I can blue tooth it from Mrs. Ss' I phone.

Squatch.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

The temperature topped 105F today so I headed for the safety of the air-con unit in the warehouse.  Apart from painting countless plastic German weeds I tackled the tunnel mouth.

Not entirely happy with the way it sat in the scenery I set about the area with a long hack-saw blade.

post-8964-0-07288100-1501650910_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-65057300-1501650927_thumb.jpg

The wing walls were cut from foam board, an angle sanded on the butting edges and the stones scribed on in pen.  Base coat of sand stone.

post-8964-0-84982400-1501650969.jpg   

Dry brushed stone..

post-8964-0-13649900-1501650986.jpg

...and weathering of charcoal/burnt umber.

post-8964-0-32173600-1501650999_thumb.jpg

Wash of moss.

To finish a wash of grime.

post-8964-0-53604000-1501651023.jpg

Same with the abutments. These were mitered on the back and hot glued into columns.

post-8964-0-79402500-1501651168.jpg

I hot glued it all in place.

post-8964-0-41071900-1501651204_thumb.jpg

Lastly used sculpture mold to fill and form the final contours.

It's starting to look like the gloomy hole in the ground it should look like.

post-8964-0-86467500-1501651246_thumb.jpg

Hopefully it will be dry enough tomorrow for further work to be carried out.

Regards To All.   Shaun.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Brilliant work Shaun, god bless the Hot Glue Gun and all who use it, hahaha.

Hahaha. I wouldn't go so far as to say that mate. Mine's a pain in the rear! The cord is far too short which means I'm always picking it up off the floor and I can't seem to get any glue sticks longer than 5 inches. Not to mention all the scalding, blistering and burnt fingers. Give me 5 second cyano any time, trouble is all mine goes off in the bottles before I get 1/5 way down the bottle which makes  the stuff very expensive.

PVA and pins is the way to go. Slow but cheap and safe ! :sungum:

We're looking at 115F this afternoon, god bless the AC unit! Hahaha. :lol:    

• Like 3

Hahaha. I wouldn't go so far as to say that mate. Mine's a pain in the rear! The cord is far too short which means I'm always picking it up off the floor and I can't seem to get any glue sticks longer than 5 inches. Not to mention all the scalding, blistering and burnt fingers. Give me 5 second cyano any time, trouble is all mine goes off in the bottles before I get 1/5 way down the bottle which makes  the stuff very expensive.

PVA and pins is the way to go. Slow but cheap and safe ! :sungum:

We're looking at 115F this afternoon, god bless the AC unit! Hahaha. :lol:    

I have a 9 inc one, :O  well many actually, :nono:  :nono: (GLUE STICKS that is) :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  courtesy of Peter BB of this Parish.

• RMweb Premium

Hi, cyan in the fridge is supposed to work?????

Not sure how Mrs Sas might react 'though   .........     :nono:  :nono:

J

Thanks Julian.

Still learning something new every day!

I'll have to make you my personal adviser at this rate.  [i didn't get Mrs. Sas to part with her phone BTW. She emailed me the Thomas pic in the end] !!!

Regards Shaun

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have a 9 inc one, :O  well many actually, :nono:  :nono: (GLUE STICKS that is) :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  courtesy of Peter BB of this Parish.

If it gets any hotter here I wont need a glue gun! Either that or they'll melt together  into one humongous great floppy mass that'll be no good to anybody! :O