H&M cases

idris

• RMweb Premium

Did H&M ever do any cases that were similar in design to Clipper / Duette / Multiswitch etc in finish, but not specifically designed for speed controllers / points etc?

An interesting question. I think they had a series of similar looking cases. I'm sure there was one that had a blank face & contained just a transformer, with their standard connectors at the ends.

I have an old catalogue, but can't find it right now. If they did have such an item, it probably sold in very low numbers.

Did they produce equipment for other markets...? I can't remember the exact experiments that they were used for, but the Chemistry department when I was at School 30 years ago had a cupboard full of H&M Clippers.

Very close copies of the HM cases were made at the time, but now long gone, the main difference was the use of self tapping screws instead of the rivets required by electrical regulations at the time for model and toy transformers and controllers.

If you are after cases that are the same sizes, then there are plenty around, but not the same finishes. Metal cases are expensive items these days.

Stephen

heres a link to their 1980 catalogue http://www.stable-cottage-potterne.co.uk/HM3000/HM_11thEd.pdf   ( note slow link ) 

Useful, thanks. Though unfortunately it looks like the answer to my question may be no (unless there may be something lurking around in an 1970 science school lab.)

I was looking for something to fit a CDU and some other power management gubbins into, and that would sit alongside a couple of Clippers and a couple of Multiswitch boxes. I guess I'll just have to hide it seomewhere else. Maybe a spare Multiswitch case with a blanking piece over the front.

Archived