Farish Class 40

TomE

Seems like I had a dud delivered. It has already been sent back for a replacment

The loco was delivered to a professional modeller for a respray to BR Blue. Painfully slow and on his test track and brand new 47 (not run in) placed directly in front did one and a half circuits to the 40's half a circuit (ie caught it up). Even after an hour in each direction the 40 struggled hard to move

And the body completely refused to come off.

To all those who have 40s, what is the speed of their model compared to other (more) modern BachFar locos (24, 25, 55 etc) and please be objectively honest

I hope the replacement is better

es grüßt

pc

Mine's quite slow too & the tail lights have already stopped working in one direction, trouble is I've painted the nose ends yellow so I guess the warranty will be void :-/

Mine's quite slow too & the tail lights have already stopped working in one direction, trouble is I've painted the nose ends yellow so I guess the warranty will be void :-/

I’ve got 2 on order, so am wondering if this is a controller problem with its compatibility with the coreless motor used?

Don’t forget the use of an electronic track cleaner could kill the lights stone dead too.

I’ve got 2 on order, so am wondering if this is a controller problem with its compatibility with the coreless motor used?

Don’t forget the use of an electronic track cleaner could kill the lights stone dead too.

Thanks Dave, I found that out to my cost with the Dapol 52's a couple of years ago & disconnected my Relco's back then 

Make sure the body is fully home on the chassis.

Sadly yes, I'd surmise that the warranty is voided but may still be worth a go if the above doesn't work.

Roy

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Has the blue one been lost overboard on its way from China or something?  It was listed on the incoming list for September and has been reviewed in at least one mag but seems to have disappeared!!

Another grumble with my D211 is the lack of cast nameplates, if Dapol can fit them to their class 52's then surely Farish should make an effort to fit their loco's with them now the price is generally well over £100 per model.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer of cast nameplates for class 40's? I used to have a set many years ago on one of my old Farish loco's but no one seems to produce them anymore :-/

• RMweb Premium

[q8uote name=Kev48" post="2932532" timestamp="1511295860]A well known Sheffield retailer have emailed that 40159 is “due in the coming days” whatever that means. No news of factory sound fitted one though

That's interesting because on the Bachmann site the blue ones are both listed as not available to order!

Edited by Shropshire Lad

• RMweb Premium

If anyone sees a small detailing part fly past them it's probably mine.  The speed with which it departed from my workbench in sunny Sussex it could be in the opposite hemisphere by now,

• RMweb Premium

Let’s see it John! Still waiting for my preordered blue one here...

Renumbered to old Eastfield veteran 40173.  The data panel below the number on this side needs moving a little to the right still and I gave up fitting the detail parts in the end, both the jumper cables snapped in two!

post-6910-0-52576100-1511829002_thumb.jpg

Apologies for the quality of the photo, taken in a dingy shed past midnight on a very unfinished layout!!!

• Like 8